Which one would you buy?

section swept

Ok so there are 2019 model trials bikes already available from some sources along with the 2018 ranges and very nice they all look to! But which one would you buy and why given that you had say £6000 burning a hole in your wallet? Answers please to include known issues good and bad together with maintenance ease or difficulty. I like the thought of lashing out on a four stroke, but then think that there’s more to wear out when compared to a two stroke. That other niggling worry also comes to mind and that is will the manufacturer chosen still be around in the near future? Lastly the old chestnut, how good is the dealer network and support?

I’ve not put down my choice as this might create a target such as “oh he rides this such and such so it must be good”. ???

I am currently asking the same question, I’m on Beta at the moment but bit fed up of it but don’t know what to get it’s either a trrs or a 4t but it’s a large amount of cash for both, I don’t know if the 4t is worth all the cash and don’t know if the trs is to..... I’ve had gas gas before personally wouldn’t have another but I had the early pro, had sherco and they was good but bit fragile, Beta bullet proof, vertigo would worry me with electrics but are a nice bike, I’m leaning more to Montesa but only because I want a bike I literally can wash and ride by basic maintance, fed up of carb issues and not sure if the trs will be similar ?

A question that gets asked repeatedly on here....Do your research on bikes and the pros and cons of each, and then go to some demo test days or try some bikes at events/clubs if possible, this is very best way to know. Or if you can afford it, just buy and flip until you find one that you like. Best of luck 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pauls320 said:

A question that gets asked repeatedly on here....Do your research on bikes and the pros and cons of each, and then go to some demo test days or try some bikes at events/clubs if possible, this is very best way to know. Or if you can afford it, just buy and flip until you find one that you like. Best of luck 

It was other members opinions that was the key to my question. Good advice to trial test each bike but that’s not really the point. I’m after knowing each persons opinions.??

Will only make one comment about lifespan of 4T's in response to the more to ware out thought.  

I have a 2017 Montesa 300 RR as an upgrade to my 2007 Montesa 4RT 250.  The 07 is still going strong and its over 10 years old...  Sure doesn't seem to have an issue with longevity when well maintained.  And as far as I can tell the 300 is stacking up to be the same.

PS. Oil changes on a Montesa aren't hard but a bit of a pain as you have to pull the cover to change the oil filter.  

Edited by jonnyc21

5 hours ago, strengthcoach said:

One thought might be to get a bike that some other riders near you have for tips and support, maintenance, fix it tips etc. All of the new bikes are good....But if you must force me to name a bike get a TRS Raga

What cc would you recomend I’ve been told 250 is more than enough for clubman level 

15 hours ago, jonnyc21 said:

Will only make one comment about lifespan of 4T's in response to the more to ware out thought.  

I have a 2017 Montesa 300 RR as an upgrade to my 2007 Montesa 4RT 250.  The 07 is still going strong and its over 10 years old...  Sure doesn't seem to have an issue with longevity when well maintained.  And as far as I can tell the 300 is stacking up to be the same.

PS. Oil changes on a Montesa aren't hard but a bit of a pain as you have to pull the cover to change the oil filter.  

You can’t beat good maintenance ?

I don't think theres such a thing as a bullet proof bike! they all have issues.. the Beta its no exception and that engine was designed by Noah, but it works! I have a 2017 Repsol, now, it to has issues, but on the whole is very easy to look after and flattering to ride, you pay for it with a heavy build and you feel it at the end of a good trial mind. Ive owned most makes of bikes in the UK, but one left me with a big smile every time I rode it and that was a Jotagas. Maybe worth considering .....