Which one would you buy?

section swept

Interesting topic...gonna throw a spanner here, though................:rolleyes:, there is really NO current trials iron I'd want, (I'm not good enough to ride them)...........or the sections as they are today,..........BUT there are a few 'older' models I'd like to ride (and ok, fall off as well ;))

RTL Honda

Gollner KT250 Kawasaki (the re-framed yellow version)

Not including Montesa's, as I'm happy with those I have.......B)

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

short trails or spare batteries.

I'm lucky enough to live right by a lovely trail with some trials-y bits next to it, so popping out for an hour after work would be ideal ... however I don't want to bug other local residents by riding a trials bike around the same patch every day since there's already friction from people travelling here and then riding like idiots, carving the place up, etc.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, turbofurball said:

I'm lucky enough to live right by a lovely trail with some trials-y bits next to it, so popping out for an hour after work would be ideal ... however I don't want to bug other local residents by riding a trials bike around the same patch every day since there's already friction from people travelling here and then riding like idiots, carving the place up, etc.

not many in your position.

No, because the only way I could afford to buy one right now would be to sell all of my bikes, and having a reliable road bike is more important to me than trials.

If I had the money I'd be all over an Electric Motion, and would start working on converting my TY to electric power :)  I'm hoping that in a couple more years the cost will come down

• Like 1

14 hours ago, turbofurball said:

No, because the only way I could afford to buy one right now would be to sell all of my bikes, and having a reliable road bike is more important to me than trials.

If I had the money I'd be all over an Electric Motion, and would start working on converting my TY to electric power :)  I'm hoping that in a couple more years the cost will come down

I think there is a genuine swelling of interest in Electric power, be it Trials (Yamaha wouldn't be pushing its development if it wasn't going to become a major factor in a few years), to all roads machines

At present, biggest hurdle is battery capacity, and the real time lack of fast recharging points...............but these will come.

50 minutes ago, Twinshockandy said:

I think there is a genuine swelling of interest in Electric power, be it Trials (Yamaha wouldn't be pushing its development if it wasn't going to become a major factor in a few years), to all roads machines

At present, biggest hurdle is battery capacity, and the real time lack of fast recharging points...............but these will come.

A few years? How many years? A major Factor? What do you mean by major,  Fast recharging points? How fast are these re charging points?........these will come....What will come?

16 hours ago, oni nou said:

A few years? How many years? A major Factor? What do you mean by major,  Fast recharging points? How fast are these re charging points?........these will come....What will come?

By my saying Major factor, here I was referring more to the swing to electric propelled vehicles; Already citys are looking to ban (or cut right down at the very least0 fossil fuelled vehicles (ok diesel at the mo), and certainly the government - at one time, (maybe still for all I know) were looking at introducing 'sweetners' to those who took up using electric vehicles.

fast recharging points,.....I've heard of some that will charge, fron zero to full in half an hour (ok no good if your out for the day in the boonies..........) - but like most things once the technology is gained, things get quicker, (and smaller)

Having used an electric pushbike, I was amazed how close I could get to wildlife (and ok its not trials related, I know........but silence, sometimes, is golden.  :D

Thank you to all who have replied. Your worthwhile comments and suggestions have made me think again, I am now considering building or converting something into my own ‘special’ Trials bike. When you look at the costs of a complete ‘barn find’ or renovated, restored Trials bike and then the cost of a new bike that will depreciate quickly the sensible side of me rather than the adventurous steps in. With every new trials bike looking very much the same save for colour differences, all having near identical handling and ability I no longer think of rider and machine, but just the rider who could probably just select any bike at random and ride the wheels off it. Having had many new bikes in the past, I can appreciate buying new as you can never loose that ‘ no one else has used and abused anything on this machine, or the feeling when the bike reacts to your inputs. But in my case it’s something to make, modify and appreciate that you can’t really achieve with a new bike as it’s already at its near best, barring changing things for the latest must have or to replace say footrests in the interests of the rider comfort, security etc. As my brother in laws younger brother works for Mugen I may end up with some cast offs that I can use to effect, twinshock with electric motor anyone? ? Thank you again, I appreciate your input.?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, section swept said:

Thank you to all who have replied. Your worthwhile comments and suggestions have made me think again, I am now considering building or converting something into my own ‘special’ Trials bike. twinshock with electric motor anyone? ?

https://youtu.be/sPtTjVXsVUI    Venga!

Edited by oni nou
  • Like 1