OSSA MAR MK3 Horn Mount?

gogs56

Your frame looks good is that powder coat? The mounting arrowed in your photo looks the right shape but I’m not sure it would have been mounted that far back and the location would see it underneath the saddle and probably causing fouling issues with the air box and the horn might be so shrouded as to not be audible when the engine is powering the bike. My friend of many years past ran an Ossa MAR and the horn was mounted up just underneath the head stock sitting neatly between the twin down tubes, as his favourite practice sections tended to be rivers the horn rarely if ever worked. The regulations would dictate a forward facing mounting before the engine to  allow it to be heard. In the interests of authenticity I’m not sure what the arrowed bracket is for but I’m certain you’ll be informed.

Not powder coated. I rubbed down the paint on the frame, it had been (hand ?)painted black. Then sprayed it with rattle cans. Three coats of primer, four top coats (silver fox).

Thanks for the info Woody.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1