Fantic K - Roo 247 - 1993(?)

ianpr2

Hi

I recently bought a Fantic K - Roo - I think it is a 1993 Model - it has only had 2 owners.I bought it as mainly as a playbike..

The bike is in fairly good nick but has leaking front fork seals. It is fitted with Upside Down Forks -.can someone help with a bit of info. 

I have never changed the fork seals in USD forks - how difficult is it to do this - I am assuming it willl be the same as conventional forks.

Where can I get the seals - I will probably have to source them in the UK - I think it is the only K Roo in SA,

Thanks,

Ian.

The Marzocchi USD forks are straight forward to strip down. Drain the old oil from each leg, loosen, but don't remove the M8 allen screw at the bottom of each leg. Remove both fork top caps and take out the spring. Remove both stanchions from the yokes, then the loosened bottom M8 screws, remove the circlips from on top of the fork seals then gently pull out the stanchion from the slider, sort of a slide hammer action to remove the bush and seal, take a note of the washer below the seal, this has to be in the right place when re-assembling. I got my seals when in Spain, but if you measure the ID, OD and seal height, you could probably find a Jap bike seal that fits. Bye, Peter B.