Thank goodness, at last!

section swept

Recently announced on air, Radio 2’s Chris Evans is to leave the BBC’s morning radio show. I for one am absolutely amazed he’s been allowed to stay so long! Yes he has made lots of money for good causes, but then with a reasonable sized audience pretty much any presenter could arrange similar fund raising events. When he first started on R2 I thought he was doing a reasonable job, but as time moves on he seemed to me to rapidly degenerate into a DJ who persistently talks over the music, interrupts quests when they are speaking and does the same to his colleagues on air. He now reminds me of the know it all DJ in the Robin Williams film ‘Good morning Vietnam’ dont know the actors name with his little squeaky voice, squeaking child hooter horn and dire attempts at joke telling, but he reminds me of a certain Radio 2 DJ. I hated travelling in my partners car as she insisted on listening to R2 and especially Mr Evans! Even the soundtrack played in the background when he talked was more interesting to me. Decent tracks ruined by his talking during the start and then misguidedly trying to sing along with some tracks. Now my partner agrees with me and doesn’t bother to listen to his show, preferring Simon Mayo a consummate professional. It is only when Sarah Cox who is very good and entertaining with her shows or when standing in for absent Chris that the Breakfast Show is worth listening to. Suggested replacements are at the moment Zoe Ball who is very entertaining and either Sarah or Zoe would make immediate improvements to the now very stale CE Breakfast Show, their voices do not grate unlike Mr Evans droning on and on. He is good at interviewing children and waits for their answers, unlike when he interviews adults. So then he has his kids performing on his show...wonder if they get loads of pocket money, where’s the safe-guarding then BBC? There’s loads of other radio shows to listen to if your own music collection needs a rest, a lot of them a site better than R2. Chris Evans should have seen the light when he failed miserably at presenting Top Gear, he was not only very poor at this task but he was a total fashion disaster too! What were the producers thinking of. Mat LeBlanc was the obvious first choice, but there must have been hundreds of people men and women more suited to that role, just as there will be for the replacement at the Breakfast Show.