Has anyone registered a Sherco in California?

ossatr250i

Maybe some evidence to show that these bikes can be registered for use on the public roads, or highways in UK might help with your quest. People in authority do not always fully assess what you are trying to register, disallowing being the easy option. Could you ask any USA clubs how their members have gotten on when trying to register a Trials bike, possibly siting their success at registration. Hope this helps you.

4 hours ago, section swept said:

Maybe some evidence to show that these bikes can be registered for use on the public roads, or highways in UK might help with your quest. People in authority do not always fully assess what you are trying to register, disallowing being the easy option. Could you ask any USA clubs how their members have gotten on when trying to register a Trials bike, possibly siting their success at registration. Hope this helps you.

I think he's trying to get either a red or green off road sticker (reg)

I just got the new CARB VIN for my 2018 from Kevin a week ago and have an appointment to title/reg it tomorrow at the DMV.  Currently just have the BOS and MSO; I'll report back how it goes but expect no real issues.  Scorpa/Sherco are now players in the CA market.

Lineway; I was checking section 12 on Sunday and Timing section 11 on Saturday.  People looked like they had a good time, scores showed it to be easier rather than harder trial.  I only saw one person on a TRS, last name started with "D" riding clubman (pretty sure).  Was that you son?  He seemed to ride well in my sections and looked comfortable with the bike.

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2018 at 9:27 PM, elemetal said:

I just got the new CARB VIN for my 2018 from Kevin a week ago and have an appointment to title/reg it tomorrow at the DMV.  Currently just have the BOS and MSO; I'll report back how it goes but expect no real issues.  Scorpa/Sherco are now players in the CA market.

Lineway; I was checking section 12 on Sunday and Timing section 11 on Saturday.  People looked like they had a good time, scores showed it to be easier rather than harder trial.  I only saw one person on a TRS, last name started with "D" riding clubman (pretty sure).  Was that you son?  He seemed to ride well in my sections and looked comfortable with the bike.

No my son did not make the trip as he just started school. He would of rode Expert Sportsman. 11 and 12 were both fun sections. I loved the riding the area. Thanks again for scoring!

Edited by lineaway

On 9/14/2018 at 5:10 AM, elemetal said:

Got my sticker yesterday, no big deal.  Make sure to bring the bike with the paperwork, they want to do the VIN verify stuff.

Hey elemental,

Glad to here your trip to dmv went smoothly. Did you have to add a new vin plate number or did you use the original stamped vin from the frame? Did they issue a red or green sticker?

What is the 8th number in your vin? 

According to Ca. Dmv if it’s a 3 or C you will receive a red sticker. 

thanks.

Had to stick the new VIN plate over the number engraved in the frame.  EU VIN series doesn't match what CARB wants so the importer has to verify the bike with them then they receive the new CARB compliant VIN, then you can reg it.

I think the 8th is a 3, regardless it got a red sticker (she could only run the VIN through when she selected 2t from the DMV menu).