About Scorpa

EzQ

Hi! I'm thinking about buying a Scorpa sr 300 2011 and I was wondering if 1. the bike is a 300cc, because from Scorpas website I only found that in 2011 there were only 125cc and 280cc bikes. 2. parts are easy to get? 3. Does it use the same engine as any other bike or does Scorpa have it's own? 4. any additional info about the mark or bike is also greatly appreciated. Cheers! :)

1 hour ago, EzQ said:

Hi! I'm thinking about buying a Scorpa sr 300 2011 and I was wondering if 1. the bike is a 300cc, because from Scorpas website I only found that in 2011 there were only 125cc and 280cc bikes. 2. parts are easy to get? 3. Does it use the same engine as any other bike or does Scorpa have it's own? 4. any additional info about the mark or bike is also greatly appreciated. Cheers! :)

Scorpa has 300c engines after 2015 but a 2011 could have a 300cc motor..... get in touch with the importer of the SR models at Birkettmotorsport in Broughton, Cumbria and ask him to check his records using the frame number etc ...Scorpa is owned by the same man who owns Sherco and the motors are Sherco Motors basically........retrotrials.com has some information about Scorpa's history try there [Its in under the title 'Bikes' ....'Alfer'....'The story and rediscovery of the lost water cooled prototypes SCORPA  ALFER' ...their story starts with a Spanish motorcycle called an Alfer but Scorpa are really a French concern ,although people on here seem to think they are Spanish because they are made in Spain and their development was originally carried out in Catalonia/Catalunya.

Edited by oni nou
  • Thanks 1

To my knowledge there was only the SR 125 and SR 280 in 2011. I have the SR280 (actual 276cc) of that year, with the Sherco motor. It's a fine bike, plenty of plonking power (I have the ignition backed off a bit, an easy job) and doesn't fly out of your hands when you give it a handful of throttle. Good bike to own as spares are easily obtained and there are no rear suspension linkages to wear out.