Carole Nash Off Road Insurance

Beta rev'3

Hi Everyone,

Just got off the phone from Carole Nash and they're saying that they won't insure any trials bike worth over 5 Grand, and the bikes got to be road registered to put it under a motorbike policy.

Anyone use any other off road Insurance companies..

Thanks in advance

Carole Nash write to me every year seemingly promising the world.. NEVER actually supply anything decent. Last used them in 2007 - no real clue about a trials bike.
Tried MSM but didn't recognise model of Ossa I had and then doubled quote price out of nowhere.

Now use BeMoto - who have been brilliant last few years. Know what they're talking about and cover appears comparable with everyone else.
Always look around each year but last 3 or 4 BeMoto been best by a mile (and a £)

2 hours ago, nickday1 said:

Carole Nash write to me every year seemingly promising the world.. NEVER actually supply anything decent. Last used them in 2007 - no real clue about a trials bike.
Tried MSM but didn't recognise model of Ossa I had and then doubled quote price out of nowhere.

Now use BeMoto - who have been brilliant last few years. Know what they're talking about and cover appears comparable with everyone else.
Always look around each year but last 3 or 4 BeMoto been best by a mile (and a £)

Have you had the misfortune to claim from Bemoto ?  Anybody ? Otherwise it's all smoke and mirrors ...

On 27/09/2018 at 2:52 PM, turbofurball said:

MSM gave me an eyewatering quote on my TY, which is road registered.  I'm with Devitt for the princely sum of £75, who only do road reg'd bikes.

I couldn't really find a reasonable off-road-only insurer when I had a TxtPro, so just kept it in a safe place.

That’s alright until you hit someone! Hope it never happens but even spectators can and will sue, never mind the warnings about sport being dangerous. At a trial open day my partsman decided he could ride up a bank next to the car park, he lost control and managed to crash into an innocent bystanders car, luckily it was just the car damaged and the partsmans ears from my rollicking that I gave him. I can’t advertise but google competition insurance, there is firm that covers Trials bikes on road and during competition for reasonable money ie £95 annually.

• 2 weeks later...

What sort of price are people paying for cover on there trials bikes? I’m waiting for a quote off msm. Devitt as mentioned above said they can’t provide cover. 

Last year I tried with my last beta and the quote was around £600 but I can’t remember who that was with. 

22 minutes ago, danbillam said:

What sort of price are people paying for cover on there trials bikes? I’m waiting for a quote off msm. Devitt as mentioned above said they can’t provide cover. 

Last year I tried with my last beta and the quote was around £600 but I can’t remember who that was with. 

I imagine it will depend on your age, claims history and post code.