Beta Rev 50

twincam

Ours is pretty poor in 2nd gear (or above) from low revs.

First gear is so low that the revs are always high.

I've cleaned the carb and adjusted it to death.

Would be good to hear if anyone else has the same problem, or has found an answer to it.

Isn't the engine based on a small crosser, KTM???. Just seems that the engine runs like a small crosser, useless at low revs, then wheeehee all of a sudden!

Hi there Gaz:

We also have a new 05 Beta Rev50 which we got shortly after we met you in Kamloops last year. Right from new it was not right, off the bottom.I got some good hints from Outlaw Dave, removed all the breather hoses from the carb, ran some good gas(race fuel) and it was a lot better. However, it still would not pull 2nd gear real well in the sections. Then in the fall while riding one of our 2day events we had an incident where the kill switch was shorting out at the handle bar. I got a good zap out of it too. We took it apart and re-did the connections. It was still shorting out and we were running out of time so I took the kill switch off completely. All of a sudden it was like a different bike. It would pull me in second gear let alone my son. I beleive that some how the kill switch shorting out was drawing such a current when under load, that it diminished the power somewhat. Whatever it was, it is sooooo good now. My son uses 2nd gear pretty much all the time now and it pulls great (for a 50) and revs to the moon!

Cheers, Steve

Hi all, my daughter rode a Rev 50 last season, superb little bike but it had similar problems to the ones that you are all describing. This is what I did and it improved it no end it may work for you !!. I repacked the silencer after every 6 or so outings that instantly made the bottom end better, as most of these little riders are very gentle on the throttle the engine doesn`t tend to burn the fuel efficiently and a load gets pushed through the system unused and is absorbed into the silencer packing, the mixture screw was set at 2 1/2 - 3 turns out, I opened up the airbox lid so instead of it having the standard hole configuration I made the holes into 3 slots. The fuel/oil mix was 75-1 using semi-synthetic oil and I added Silkolene pro boost (octane booster)to the fuel at a ratio of 2%, the bike different again once it was sorted , the motox style power band seemed to be smoothed out and not as noticeable,

hope it helps,

regards

Howard