Training For Trials

wayne thais

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For real, I'm angry for being banned from TC for speaking my mind but not resentful.

B) Lane, please remind me why you got banned...

It's obvious that you want the best for US riders and there is nothing wrong with that. But, the way you put your point across needs to be proof-read by someone with a little bit of tact, diplomacy and common sense. You rub folk up the wrong way each time you mention your glorious past.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one to notice that you try to claim the credit for everybody else's success?

For real, I'm angry for being banned from TC for speaking my mind but not resentful.I understand Free speech and change always scares some people. The internet is indeed a revolution and we must expect some to resist that.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT. You were never banned from Trials Central. You were banned from the forums of a previous Trials website I ran (before I saw the light) for making comments regarding lady riders and lycra that provoked a ton of complaints and also for launching a personal vendetta against a particular brand of bike. I thought we'd already cleared that one up :)

Thanks guys for the excellent coverage of the mental approach to training. I think we have covered that enough, now let's go onto physical conditioning. One last point to remember here however, an angry fighter is not a good fighter.

What a rider must do is focus all that passion into his riding but not be mad. You will get bad calls by observers, political problems pop up, sponsors fail you, people cheat or a host of other negative things can happen. To work through them and ride your best always, is what it takes to be a focused and winning rider.

Remember you can only do your own personal best, you cannot control outside factors, like if someone else simply is riding brillitantly. If you have done your very best, your a winner no matter what your results. Lastly remember the three rules to continued championship trials success- 1- score points 2- have fun or make a lot of money 3- always learn something, if you have acheived all three of these in each ride, you will continue to have success.

Moving on-

What I feel is the next possible breakthrough for the average rider is core conditioning. Now championship riders need a more scientific approach to their pysical conditioning by studying their weak link in their conditioning chain.

I believe that takes professional trainers, like boxers or other professional athletes use. To find and address those weak links before peak performance can be attained by any trials athlete. Being that most professional trainiers don't understand trials, it makes peak athletic performance hit and miss.

That's why I feel there is a large payoff lurking just over the horizon for increased athletic performance for the trials athlete at every level. All that is needed is some solid research in this area by knowledgable people.

Edited by Mich Lin

Once again the gut who claims to have all of the answers on training tells you to hire a professional trainer. That is some great insight. I wish I would have thought of that.

The guy who cries that no one has responded to his ideas on training give you a idea like that 15 posts later. Pretty sad.

AS you guys may see that no one from this side of the pond will respond to his crap anymore. It would be easier to negotiate with Osama Bin Laden. Lane will never give you a straight answer. He just runs around in circles. He is like talking to a 5 year old compulsive liar. You willl never get through to him.

Lane does not know he has a problem so he cant fix it. His views are not those of other American riders. PLEASE DONT HOLD US RESPOSIBLE FOR HIS ACTIONS.

Concur ishy!

Lane has more life skills and experience than most riders could ever dream of and when it comes to discussing whats best for "Across the pond!!" is definetly the subject matter expert.I reckon 90% of you guys should follow the teachings of Lane!!!! the GURU!!!!

Once again the gut who claims to have all of the answers on training tells you to hire a professional trainer. That is some great insight. I wish I would have thought of that.

The guy who cries that no one has responded to his ideas on training give you a idea like that 15 posts later. Pretty sad.

AS you guys may see that no one from this side of the pond will respond to his crap anymore. It would be easier to negotiate with Osama Bin Laden. Lane will never give you a straight answer. He just runs around in circles. He is like talking to a 5 year old compulsive liar. You willl never get through to him.

Lane does not know he has a problem so he cant fix it. His views are not those of other American riders. PLEASE DONT HOLD US RESPOSIBLE FOR HIS ACTIONS.

You damn right! I reckon hes reading the stuff above and happy and contented that hes getting a bite.. I bet he is p***ing himself with laughther..

:hyper::hyper::hyper: Believe me, a different approach is needed :)

I am with you Mich Lin, Keep up the good work.

I enjoy yr comments, passioned, i love that in a man.

:)

Yesterday, i saw the dutch national top guys at work. Wauww these guys are great. They were all accompanied by their minders. But as it was not a important trial event, they were there more out of interest and mental aspect.

A lot of these guys are helped(as allways i reckon) by their fathers, who also were trialriders in the past, and/or by a dealer who is most of the times also their sponsor.

In Holland it is just a small world but i feel the standard is pretty high, as one of the guys also does WC trials.

In general the highest competion is found in Spain and probably in England.

Yes, Mich Lin, you are right, europe is the place to be for a serious rider.

One need better riders to improve themselves.

Edited by gasgas