Training For Trials

wayne thais

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al, Go to International trials school on your search engine. Bill Markem has a video on training kids. At age 6, a Honda mini 50 4 stroke trail bike works great for beginning trials. then later you can use if for a pit bike yourself.

What I do with kids is this! I'll have them push the bike around for a while, going backwards and forward without an engine running to get the feel of it. They need to understand the weight, lean, brakes, balance and turning of the bike before you allow them to ride with the engine on.

Then when the do go to the motor, I play red light green light with them. Forcing them to stop and go until they can do that with good success. What you may find is that if she starts riding, you may not have time to ride yourself, it's a full time job watching after little ones on dirt bikes. So think long and hard about it.

Al,

I talked to Ryan about your situation and he said that if you would call him he would share with you how he has trained his young daughters to ride. 1-800-607-8742.

Ryan is located in Louisville and conducts trials training classes all around the country. He is going to be in Iowa later this month. He also does one on one classes, I gave my then 17 year old son one of these training sessions for his birthday, it was the best thing I could have done for him. He really learned a lot in that one day session. He rapidly advanced from an intermediate rider to advanced and rode Expert before going off to college.

There is a Sherco dealer in Indy who is a great guy and a very good rider, his name is Jim Zuroske, here is his email address czmcjz@iquest.net. You might want to make contact with him. He sets up a trial every year just South of Indy.

Wayne

I leave this place for awhile, and come back to 3-4-5 pages of crap.

Now if people could be a little bit less displacing in blame, less narcisstic, and less prone to flame wars...

Well we could have quite a discussion on trials training.

But this perfect world of sorts is not possible I suppose, time to pack it in and go trialing in Mongolia, who's with me?

Wayne Thais:

Many thanks for the information.... I will be contacting those you mentioned.

I have setup two different one day training days with Jeff Fredette for our club and it is amazing on how much one can learn in a day.....

See you on the trails!