Sy 250f

sherco 125

• 3 weeks later...

I am fortunate to live about three hours away from TTC where I rode the support National on Friday and was wowed by the worlds best on Saturday and Sunday. :D I also was fortunate enough to take a couple of spins on the Amazing New Scorpa SY250F!! ;) I have been dying to ride one and hope to own one soon. Does anyone in any country own one of these bikes yet, or know someone who does? So as the heading says SY250F Where is it?

I think my findings are similar to others:

It starts easy cold or hot.

I was immediately comfortable on the bike.

It was easy to balance and turn near and at the steering stop.

The clutch was progressive and easy to modulate.

The engine power was very smooth off idle and easy to control.

The engine and exhaust are very quiet yet the tone is inspiring.

The handling was predictable and very stable in the rocks and slippery stuff.

Fit and finish of the components was impressive.

Now if Scorpa will just ship some to the US!!

Trials-Bike-Less Frank :)

Frank,

I was there Friday-Sunday.

When Taddy's wicked that Scorpa on, it sounded like a 450 4-stroke moto-cross bike.

Perhaps the production bike was quiet, but I wasn't impressed with Taddy's.

Does anyone in any country own one of these bikes yet, or know someone who does? So as the heading says SY250F Where is it?

So if no other customers have a production unit yet, purchasing one in the US any time soon seems unlikely?

Frank

On Edit :hl::stoned::beer::P<_<:hl:

Edited by AHAMAYfrank

They aren't on sale in the UK until July at the earliest I believe.

The 10 that are here at the moment are for dealers to demo them but one person managed to buy one outright somehow.

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Well here I go again. Based on the lack of activity on this thread, everyone has lost interest in the SY250F (I have been researching elsewhere myself). We have had the carrot dangling in front of our face for over a year and no production bikes available to the public yet. So far 70 SY250Fs have been given to the distributors for testing (only one to the US). So once again I e-mailed Scorpa in France explaining my displeasure with the

Yep, I am out here and waiting as impatiently as you! As frustrating as it is to wait, I guess I would rather do that them have Scorpa deliver the same steaming pantload that Sherco did, with their 4-stroke. Letting the paying customer be your R&D department is not a good plan, so if Scorpa can work out the issues before they deliver the product, then the wait is probably worthwhile. Mike (US Importer) confirms the July delivery as the latest from the factory, but feels like August is probably a safer bet. I guess the good news is that when they arrive, the bikes will officially be 2007 models, instead of very late 2006's. In addition, Mike has not had any problems with his 250F at all, even with the items that the factory is updating, so it would seem that they are being pretty thorough in fine tuning what they will deliver to us.

Can't wait to get my hands on it!

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's my perspective but I think the T&MX review was positive overall! The article said that it was a pre-production unit, so I guess that it was one of the 70 first units mentioned a few posts back.

The tester Woody Hole commented about many good features. Starting, riding position, weight distribution, rear shock, and front forks, with a special sounding exhaust. The negatives were weak brakes, bland graphics, less than

Edited by AHAMAYfrank