Proper Fourstroke Atire

dixie

What do you think about riding gear,

I must admit now i am a bit older and rounder,lycra skin suits arnt quite so smart looking.

But i think i have found the perfect solution,

the big supermarkets do brand new jeans for

• 6 years later...

I still have two pairs of Wellies used during the 70's. Don't use them now as the new boots are actually lighter and provide better leg protection. biggrin.gif

Back in the day, I used to wear Dunlop "fire brigade" wellies, excellent value for money and had steel toecaps and steel plates in the soles along with heavy protection around ankles and shins. Have tried to find something similar recently but seem to have gone for good.......great shame

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I am with ISH .....or the artist formerly known as.....

Plumbers overalls are the go ..in oz we have "action back " press studs to allow for belly expansion (it rarely cotracts nowdays) and have elastic shoulder straps .... and if you get the deluxe "hard yakka" ones , they have kevlar knee fabric and pockets to insert knee pads (over here if your plumber spends some time on his knees , then you will too when the bill arrives) .

My next move is to glue a flat top cap on my helmet and find a pipe !!!! (not sure if i want a straight shaft or a hooked type .....will have to watch more old trials vids .....oh ..... they don't call them videos any more ????)

• Like 3

Back in the day, I used to wear Dunlop "fire brigade" wellies, excellent value for money and had steel toecaps and steel plates in the soles along with heavy protection around ankles and shins. Have tried to find something similar recently but seem to have gone for good.......great shame

Over a 6 year thread bump then nearly a 3...that's got to be a record :hyper:

• Like 1

Hiking or long mountain bike pants, they're a loose fit, some even have some stretch in them, lots of pockets and some have an adjustment at the bottom of the pipes so they don't get hooked on the pegs or kick start if you wear them over your boots.

The only thing they miss is heat protecting pads near the exhaust.
Not the cheapest solution, but neither are the baggy trial pants from Hebo or S3 for instance.

my new Airoh helmet is as close to a bell stroker cap like we wore back in the dark ages ... (weight wise ! :) )

when @ 12 years old I rode a trick tl125.... so it counts !!!

Edited by axulsuv

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...