Trail Riding

hutchph998

due to the lack of regular trials in my area I'm using my GG Pro '03 more and more for riding the trails on my doorstep often with very technical bits so I'm getting the trials fix as well...........I'm running the standard 11/42 sprocket sizes but curious to find out if anyone has experimented with gearing to give longer legs on the straight bits with out comprimising too much on the nadgery bits....

H

Hutch, offcourse you can lengten the gears a bit by increasing front sprockets and/or decreasing the rear. When doing trails i reckon you hardly use first or second gear anyway, so a 12 teeth and 40 teeth rear wld help using these gears also, providing better speeds at 3rd and 4th gear.

Question is do the 12 teeth fit, probably it does, but maybe someone can join here.

I have been riding mid france with my enduro and i must say, there were some grandrandonnes-trails i rather wld take my trialsbike if possible then my enduro :)

a size 12 front was the obvious one but just interested in anyone else's experiences in riding trials bikes on trails.... we try and find the most challenging sections to ride but of course you have to do some 5/6th gears to get to them.....a friend just sold his Beta enduro and bourght a Scorpa TY175 cos he was fed up of where you can go with a trialy, than a truck like enduro......wish the GG gearbox was a slick as that Scorpa.....

H :)

I do trails

on a TX270 and 2.9

the stock gearing is tall enough for our trails,

we frequently ride at a mountain bike place

the trails are pretty tight, lot's of switchbacks, steps, rocks, ... 3rd/4th gear is plenty

I do not even try to go as fast as possible on the main trails when I ride the CRF450, a trained ape can go fast on a straight