Kehin Carbs

sherco 125

i got mine second hand for trials central classifieds .i know gasgas uk sell them new for about 150 quid also i think bvm do them too .mines well worth the money made loads of difference to my gasgas.just check how it actually fits on to your bike ,i had to order extra spacers for mine to make the airbox and the carb meet together .hope this helps

well copemech mate,

ive had grimbos 04 290,and now ive got his 05 full factory one,they both have the kehin carbs on,all the big factory shercos have them on.all the 125 machines have the dellorto flat slides on,with high compresion heads fitted,a little porting too,we've spent 3 days practising with the factory lads,the 125s were awesome.honest.......my 05 factory bike has a digital ignision fitted,mate its mental,i luv it too bits.BIG BEN DOWN SOUTH, :P SHERCO'S ARE KUSHTI :thumbup::wall:

Edited by jarvis sherco

all the 125 machines have the dellorto flat slides on

Is it the same model thats on the 4T , the VHST 28 coz if it is, its not a good design and has been responsible for a lot of the problems I had starting the 4T. There is a small overflow outlet in the middle of the air inlet and when you tilt the bike up, fuel p****s out of it and floods the airbox. :P . then you cant start the thing until its dried out or you clear it out.

yeh thats right ian mate,

spoke too mrs,they reckon the 4t is going to be kushti this year when it arrives,they should have waited before bringing the first one,and got it sorted properly.never mind they've payed for it in the long run anyway....BLESS EM,AH?

IVE GOT A KIHEN on my alan's 125,but its got a very special mode in it.tell you about it at hawkstone,ok...... :P

The Keihin is renowned for its ability to make the low end a little softer whilst making the top end sharper with higher revs. Its very responsive and is only of real benefit to the better lads/lassies IMHO. Saying that, It made a lot of difference to the 4T as it had a tendency for the front end to break away on tight corners. The keihin made it much softer and much easier to ride at low revs. :P

If Sherco ever get the 4T sorted which I hope they do, I would buy another one.

Anyone interested in a modified inelt manifold for a PWK Keihin carb, I sold my carb last week, but kept the inlet manifold as it was going on a Gasser.

I have found by fitting a carb spacer helps with the overall fit as the bowl does not bottom on the crankcase!!!!!

• 4 months later...