What Oil/mix Ratio's?

top cat

Hi all

Just bought an 02 Gas Gas TXT280 Pro. Wondering what type of 2 stroke oil everyone is running in their bikes. The previous owner used Bel-Ray H1-R at 100:1. A lot of KTM guys I know are running Mobil MX2T because its readily available at Auto Zone and is also a good deal. Seems to work well also. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Charlie I agree, let the postings flow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I am keeping out of it! <_<

Oil Ratio Mix opinons is like ass#$ls we all have. :D

Hell here is my thoughts anyway.

Get a hold of a little black plastic film canister that 35mm film comes in.

Fill it with oil and pour two of them in to one gallon (US) = 64:1

That makes it easy, you never have to figure it out, you do not need a ratio right, they are free to be had by just going to any film developing place and asked them for some. You can thow them away when they get dirty.

Each container hold approx 1 ounce of oil.

It works out to 64:1 Perfect no oily black smoke no carb problems, no pinging, bike runs great.

Okay every body's elses turn.

BillyT

Edited by BillyT

Hey thanks all

I know this is always a hot topic, at least in the states here. I guess we all need something to obsess about eh? I think us motorheads are more passionate about our brand of oil than our women! (Maybe thats why our divorce rate is so high??) I like the film case idea. I'm sure I have some kicking around the house somewhere. Anyone using Mobil MXT2? Thanks again everyone.

You didn't mention where you're located, however I'd visit all of the bike shops in your area and find the best brand of synthetic, racing 2 stroke pre mix oil that is available at all of the shops and go with it. In my town, BelRay and Maxim products fit that test. GasGas recommends 80:1, worked well for me.

Following on from the tip about the 35mm film cases, I use a similar method, but with a different measuring device.

In the UK (and maybe the US too?), we can buy herbs and spices for cooking from the supermarket. The ones made by a company called Schwarz (or something like that) come in a little glass jar. If you can obtain one of these glass jars, and fill it up to the top with 2-stroke oil and add this to 5 litres, you've got a ratio of about 70:1.

I've been running my Rev-3 on this for the best part of 2 years with no ill effect. I use PJ1 Silverfire as recommended by my dealer.

Cheers

KB.

I've always used 200cc per 10ltrs of unleaded fuel (50~1), I notice the newer bikes seem to run allot leaner (some guy above 100~1 ratio :blink: )

My TY250 seems to like 50~1 and my Sherco seems to run ok too, if I was to lean it up a bit I'd be scared it would seize!! or am i just paranoid :rolleyes:

I've got two baby bottles - One for fully synthetic for the Sherco, and one for TY/PW.

Can always put permanent marker on the side if your mental arithmetic is not too hot.

All of the above run at 50:1.

Much easier to work out than the 85:1 I used to use on the Gasser.

My way is to byu 7,4 litres to 10 litres Jerry-gan and put exactly 1 desilitre 2-stroke oil fom the bottle, where are lines for desilitres. (I use 1,5 % like the bikes manufacturer recommend). Some of the oil are little time on the walls of the bottle, but it's not difficult to get familiar , how much under the line you have to be immediatly after you have turned the bottle . The point is to put that one desilitre of oil, and then put the right amount of gasoline, because it's easier to measure with the pump.

Jaakko from Finland