Hi And Beta Zero?

matticulous

hello

I am wondering if a 1993 Beta Zero would be a suitable entry machine for someone totally new to trials bikes (but not bikes in general)and who is knocking at the door of forty ... :D (one for sale locally)

thanks

matt

post-2554-1146906853.jpg

Matt,

The best idea is to have a ride on a few different brands and get a bit of a feel.What is available for sale locally sure will make purchase easy but if its not your cup of tea you may regret your decision. :D

I dont think you will look out of place on that at a trial.

In the club i go to, there is enough older bikes, around 1995 mark and they usually score better than me !

As far as "competitive" if its in good nick, and the engine cases arn't corroded, (as is common on these ??)

then it will be more competitive than you !! :D Just dont go into the hard route at the club championship just yet B) for you and the bikes sake :wall:

I say go for it ! have fun, but that is a very early machine so will a good going over to check.

Hope that helps ! :D

:D That Zero looks to be in much better shape than the one that was given to

me... But then again I'm a master tech who loves restoration projects !!!

And I still have to pay for shipping. Oh well my Fantic 240 does run and look new now so I need a new project anyways and beta parts are alot more readily available than old fantic stuff !!! :D

Glenn another 40something trialer

thanks for the replies :D .. I think I will take a little more time with my selection as suggested even though this is a lovely,restored machine.... ideally I would like a new machine but all those zeros on the end of the Scorpa 250F price tag are more scary than any expert section! :D

cheers