Bsa B40 Valve Lifter

duckwizard

Yep, seems like my weekend is full of spannering - again...   I had a close look at it this morning,I've not really bothered too much before as I've been concentrating on making a new spindle to match Cub hub to 4 bolt BSA forks,and fitting the new Gerry Minshall yokes.

Seems like someone has done quite a bit to it,there is a second spark plug vertical in between the valves,and at some stage there must have been a valve lifter fitted as there is a nut sticking out where the lifter shaft would be. I'd love to have time to have it all apart and see what its built up of.For now retarding the ignition and maybe fit a lifter if its still hard to start.

Still got the front brake to hook up and finish the stainless mudguard bracket...

Hi Jonv8, I may be able to help with some or all the parts you require, I removed the valve lifter from my B40 when I lowered the comp ratio to 6.5 to 1(with a really spiteful cam), I will have a look tomorrow and see what I have left.

Hi Jon,

I know it is veering towards the dark side - but if you have a second plug fitted you could remove one and fit one of the old Villiers straight to atmosphere compression releases to use for easing the kickstart for your knee.

Deryk - How could you suggest such a thing ! Its bad enough that my chainsaws and strimmer are two smokes... And I have to admit there is a 250 Yamaha next to my British bikes,not that I dare be seen on it too often. :o

If 90 Vanman can supply me with the right bits it will be even better.

Cheers, reckon I'll need just the shaft,arm and cable stop if you have them.

Hi, have found the shaft and arm, but can't find the stop, cable or h/bar lever. Let me know whether you are interested and make an offer. The stop, if  I remember correctly was integrated into my engine steady bracket.   Dave