Sanz Has Big Impact On Us Pro Class

mich lin

Why are people making excuses for Sanz? Hormones, Cabby stole her Minder, she had a head on crash the week before, she's under alot of pressure because she is the best womans rider in the world, she has a horrible sticking point.

It's disgusting people would consider giving her special consideration because she's had a few hardships. Cry baby, get over it. Here is what's simple Keep your mouth shut next time! She is the best womans rider in the world and displayed the worst attitude when she didn't get her way. Let's think of more excuses to compensate for her unprofessional behavior. She has talent and is surronded by the best staff. They cater to her every need and when she doesn't perform the obscenities and excuses go flying. She's the best womans rider in the world and her behavior is what's got her in the hot seat.

Does anyone know attendance numbers compared to Duluth yet?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw her have a tantrum after being (correctly) fived for going back through another route markers at section 10 on Saturday. However, I saw Bou get away with doing exactly the same thing on the same day at section 15. I believe Dan witnessed that one too.

I think Bou got what I would call a Christmas present. What can I say but that sometimes observers miss something, were not paying attention at the critical moment or were distracted when they should not have been.

The concern I have now, is that I reported something second hand, and am sure from other comments here that I recieved, and then in turn repeated a mixed story. I thought about editing or changing it, but that would make some other posts out of context. So, let me apologize for any inaccuracies in my original post.

I need to go find how many yellow cards she actually recieved.

I guess I was very fortunate that on the section I was on, I do not believe we came anywhere close to wondering where the yellow card was.

I was a few feet away from her when a bad call was made by the observer. She went up the rock easily but her back tire knocked off the red arrow sign but the blue one stayed put. She and her minder justifiably threw a fit. The timekeeper also saw what happened but they have no say which seems wrong since it was so obvious to anyone who saw it.

If her back tire (actually any part of her bike or body) displaced a marker (ANY COLOR) that had to be reset, then she should have recieved a 5.

I confirmed this with Tony Bussing Sporting steward when it happened on my section with an expert rider, and heard it reconfirmed again the next day.

From your description, she should have recieved a 5.

added on edit

Are you the Same Endo on the STRA boards?

Second edit

http://www.fim.ch/EN/rules/Sportifs/ctr/20...RIAL_051_en.pdf

051.9.2 di

Third little - down.

You have to also remember that often another color gate is in effect a marker for that class because it prevents them from riding there, so in effect, it is a boundry for that class.

Edited by Alan Bechard

I was at section 3 when she was given the 5, now I understand why.

Also witnessed the yellow card after the roost! Sure got the crowd fired up!!!!

And they thought ONLY the MXers got HOT ;)

We ALL witnessed some GREAT riding :)

Picture attached is rising star :D

post-216-1148408775.jpg

I have a wife and a daughter. That wasn't a tantrum!

Laia is one hell of a rider regardless of being female, however having a go at the officials is not the way to go.

I have only observed a couple of times and I still can remember the riders who didn't say thanks at the end.

The yellow card cost her 300 euro-dollars from what I heard. She should have gotten a spanking on top of it.

WTF is 300 euro-dollars? :) "from what I heard" counts for diddly-squat.

From the FIM rules:

052.9.4 Yellow Cards

Each Chief Section Observer shall be issued with a "Yellow Card". The "card"

shall be A6 in size (to fit into a pocket) and made of a rigid material (cardboardor plastic).

Any rider or mechanic who refuses to obey the instructions of an Observer,

who behaves in a disorderly manner within a section shall be shown the Yellow

Card. The issuing of a yellow card is a statement of fact and therefore no claim

can be received in conformity with Art. 4.1 of the FIM Disciplinary and Arbitration

Code. The Observer shall then complete a copy of the

When comparing Sanz to our top riders, one point has not been mentioned.

She is a professional, getting a paycheck to do nothing but ride and is aboard the best bike Honda/Montesa can give her. When she does ride she has spotters and mechanics at her disposal.

While Geoff and perhaps Chris are getting paid and getting their bikes, I can only assume they are not getting the other bonuses. I would also assume that Cody is getting the same level of support or less.

True Laia is getting a paycheck, the best bike in the world and a professional minder but she has earned it.

Winning the world championship is not easy, Only one person of each gender per year has that honor! If anyone else does it, they also will recieve a paycheck, a works bike and a professional minder.

That's called the fruits of victory and your labors! If her results were the same as the two US riders you mentioned, she would not have those benifits you mentioned. If their results were as good as hers, they also would have those benifits.

The game is the same for everyone!