Youth Riders Vs Usa Expert Riders

wayne thais

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, That trial where those scores were taken from was a National and was very hard. I would think some of the guys would say it was harder than the sections they rode at Sequatchie

Hmmmmmm,,,, have to go do the points per section thing to figure out but I do not remember seeing single digit scores from Anyone at TTC which I would think would be an easy trials.

Got to go look now.

But really, the point would still be valid, hard or easy, they are still better.

Added on edit,

just looking at Alexz scores, in TTC he dropped a 15 and a 34, and judging from the scores behind the 15 he was riding at top form. And on the one that Kinnell posted he dropped 22?

Seems to me they would be of similar difficulty.

Granted that is just looking at one rider though.

Added on edit

Hmmmmm but going back and thinking about it again, the UK trials had 36 attempts instead of the 30 at TTC. Sooooo,,,,,

UK was .61 ad nauseum points per attempt

And averaging the TTC together

.8166666 points per attempt.

So, for the same rider, making as fair a comparison as possible, I would have to say that TTC was tougher..... <_<

So the US guys ride tougher stuff then the UK guys and the queen wears red shoes.............. :P

Edited by Alan Bechard

So the US guys ride tougher stuff then the UK guys and the queen wears red shoes..............  :P

Ah but, if you minus the humidity, multiply by the time difference, divide by the moonshine and add in the Craig factor... = green shoes worn by Red Ted and we're sorted. Oh, don't forget about the Welsh weather/sheep for the grip vulnerability and I reckon I might be p****d! <_<

So the US guys ride tougher stuff then the UK guys and the queen wears red shoes..............

Be honest, Geoff does suck compared to the rest of the world's best! But he is the best we can produce with todays NATC system. He's no where near a main event athlete. The guy is old by trials standards, lacks drive except for his live show business and is not a good role model for young american athletes.

Yes he makes a living at trials, but he has had no impact in the sport overall other than cherry picking a string of US national titles and creating a thriving demo business. But what has that really done for the sport?

I like Geoff, he's a smart and a nice fellow. Is he really a good role model for future US trials athletes?

Wiggy on the other hand is driven! He is burning a standard that the rest of the European and Brit youngsters will try to follow.

Dougie has also burned a path in the sports record books! Everyone for years to come will be comparing all trials athletes to Doug Lampkin.

The same can be said for Sanz!

Three individuals that are excellent.

The guy is old by trials standards, lacks drive except for his live show business and is not a good role model for young american athletes.

Maybe you ought to talk to him about drive. How do you know? And not a good role model? He's riding his best(has been for many years) and is also making a living out of it(which is what we'd all like to do, ride to make money and live off it).

He also doesn't set an example by yelling at checkers, roosting them, and throwing fits like some other riders I know. :P

Yes he makes a living at trials, but he has had no impact in the sport overall other than cherry picking a string of US national titles and creating a thriving demo business.

cherry picking? I guess lampkin cherry picked his 7 titles too... <_<