Youth Riders Vs Usa Expert Riders

wayne thais

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this bulletin board have an ignore feature so I can read a thread but not Lane's constant drivel?  <_<

Yes, to ignore a user, look at one of his posts then click on his name in the box on the left. In the options that come up select 'ignore user'.

Done :P

Put all the world's riders on a grid or draft like they do in pro football to pick the best team you could build. Would you pick Geoff first round or Raga?

If you would pick Geoff, I'd love to go up against you anytime as a coach or team owner. I'd kick your @ss. Run a team like that and you will lose every game you play.

You must be NUTS if you think you would like to ride for a living. You have no idea what a tough career it is. You wanting to ride for a living, that's the real drivel. Just go do it!

It's no picknick being in Raga's, Lampkin's or even Geoff's shoes. It's one of the hardest jobs anywhere in the world, plus the pay is low compared to the effort they put out.

Hey, if that's what you want, get after it. I'm not standing in your way. I might even throw in some sponsor bucks if your results deserve it. That is if you stop insulting your possible sponsors. See how tough it is being a pro rider, you even have to be nice to me.

Put all the world's riders on a grid or draft like they do in pro football to pick the best team you could build. Would you pick Geoff first round or Raga?

What a dumb question <_<
You must be NUTS if you think you would like to ride for a living. You have no idea what a tough career it is.

:P

LANE,,,,,,

Are you an insufferable ba$tard ..Or just jealous..Geoff Is great with kids first of all.. How many championships did you WIN ....Hmmm Legitamately speaking.. Geoff has dug in and worked incredibly hard,, Not just his shows but In his riding as well , when asked by the younger riders, He helps them In REALITY... Not on a computer keyboard.. On your best day.. you had no chance against a champion like Geoff.. hell you would've been lucky to beat me... At least I didnt fall off the telephone pole in daytona.. Only the great Lane fell in the swamp that day in 1980....And Cherry picking.... How easy would it have been for Geoff to quit when Tommy Avalha came here to literally cherry pick our series.. Nope Geoff stepped up all of the USA riders levels by stepping up his own Game.. to compete very close to Tommy... In contention with the World Championships.. Well Geoff Never showed How Good he was ... The only person who did not know he could do it was himself.. Not sure why , NERVES or faith.... Look I would still bet Geoff could make top 15 if he believed in himself... I feel he was and is one of the icons for kids to look up to for years to come.. As for Lane... Not sure, He is a decent guy , Has some bizaar opinions, sometimes does not engage his brain in gear before he throttles up his keyboard..... lol .. Now Ringo he is a superstar.. Could have one a few National Championships himself .. Ask Him he'll tell Ya...lol.. But he wanted to see Geoff suceed!!!LOL

Long Live Ringo, Long live Geoffs Records and accomplishments..

Ok I'm getting long winded like Mich Lin................. <_< My fingers are starting to hurt.lol

Ronny Baby, I LOVE YOU MAN!!!

It's times like these that you wish Geoff would act a little more like me and simply walk up to guys like Craig and Lane and tell them to shut the **** up.

The problem is that Geoff is simply one of the sports most modest, mellow and admirable guys.

Look at any Amercan sports Number 1 athlete and compare them to Mr. Aaron. From day one of my trials experience, Geoff has always been cool, and willing to offer advice to me and ALL levels of riders. [Actually I think he got sick of trying to tell me how to stay on the bike] He's always willing to talk to anyone who comes up to his camp [even that guy who used to bash the heck out of the brand of motorcycle he rides <_< ] just like any other rider. Reality is that he's acomplished more in and for trials than any other rider in American history BESIDES Bernie Schrieber and continues to do so without critisizing others.

It p****s me off to see how some of you [who can't ride a motorcycle to save your ash] are so easy to critisize the Champ.

Yes Ron, it is pure jeolosy and that is the ugliest attitude anyone can have due to the BS it brings about.

Imagine if everyone hit the ignore button on the hairy beaver. It would save a lot of scroll time for me.

I spoke to Geoff at the WTC for the first time and he was polite and courteous and gave the impression that he had time for everyone.

Top man in my book :)

The beave wasnt there for me to give an opinion <_<

Imagine if everyone hit the ignore button on the hairy beaver. It would save a lot of scroll time for me.

Come on Ringo admit it he keeps us all entertained and there wouldn't be half the posts or views if he wasn't here. You and Mich and some others keep me coming back <_<

Be honest, I do suck compared to the rest of the world's best! But I'm the best bull****ter we can produce with todays systems.  I'm no where near a main event athlete. I'm old by any standards, lack drive except for my stunt business and am not a good role model for young american athletes.

Yes I made a living at trials, but I had no impact in the sport overall other than cherry picking a string of US national places and creating a thriving stunt business. But what have I really done for the sport?

I'm not like Geoff, he's a smart and a nice fellow. Am I really a good role model for future US trials athletes?

Hmmm...Didn't have to edit much Beave. Tell me you weren't thinking this related to you as you wrote it <_<

Edited by bikespace

GeeZ, I've been brewing on this topic for days now and then Ron goes and beats me to the punch! Lane, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but, I have to totally dis-agree with you on your statements about Geoff.

In my books, he is the greatest US Champ that has ever been, including Bernie. Here's why. You say he lacks drive, what a bunch of BS. Every year he amazes me that he can find the drive to continually get better and do whatever he needs to do to win! How many years has he done it now?

Next. In a period of our sport in North America, when it is almost impossible to earn a living riding a trials bike, somehow Geoff was smart and figured out a way to do it!

On top of all of his amazing accomplishments riding trials, he has ALWAYS been a really fine person. From the time I first met him when he was still a kid, to today and growing up to be a well respected MAN, he has always conducted himself above and beyond. I'm proud to say that I have known him for so long and I hope that as my son becomes more and more involved in winning trials, Geoff will continue to be a role model for him and countless other kids with his involvement in trials!

cheers, Steve

Kum ba ya my Lord

Kum ba ya.

Chris,

We'll have to share a few beers at the "fun" trial in a couple of weeks.

Someone mentioned the Tennesee fireworks... Were you at the last Plonkers trial? You know, the one where we roasted LarrE, had a live band, complete with fireworks show while the band played?

The fireworks were from one of those fireworks superstores in Tennesee[of course that's what I heard cuz I would not have anything to do with bringing illegal fireworks into the fine state of California <_< .