Trials Boots

bikespace

Are there any modern trials boots that have firly hard toes. It seems mad to me that in a sport where you are fairly likely to get your toes bashed in, the boots are made with lovely soft leather on the toes.

Am I doing something wrong? I seem to have battered toes from one week to the next. This week I made a particularly good effort at crippling myself - This week I actually took my boot off to see if the toe was still attached <_<

Yep - Kinell Perce, my pegs may be lower to the ground than most with my compressed suspension :)

Seems like a design flaw to me. I might not have any toes left soon - I need to learn to use lower gears, ride round things, or get stronger boots - here's this weeks effort:

post-218-1149023981.jpg

Are all the toe caps as soft as my Diadora's - Do I need to stop polishing the buggers?

Edited by bikespace

If you can find some old stock of Sidis, the older ones had a tougher upper material...I dont mean THAT old,,,just I think about 2 years ago they went to a softer material.

Poor old bikespace...maybe your feet are just too big, getting in the way all the time like that <_<

I dunno about trial boots but you do see people wearing builders boots with steel toe caps, sort of a light brown color

problem there is the ONLY protection you then have is steel toe caps no ankle support or shin protection etc plus as an ex wearer of these boots ( for work reasons) they are somewhat of a loose fit, I think you would have a lot more troubles riding with these than its worth.

Although you can pick up said rigger boots fairly cheap most places and for that fact any steal toe caps are cheap maybe it`d be worth having a go at disecting a pair to see if you could slip the toe caps into your current boots? maybe this will only work with worn/ streched boots but a thought none the less?

maybe it`d be worth having a go at disecting a pair to see if you could slip the toe caps into your current boots? maybe this will only work with worn/ streched boots but a thought none the less?

I would rather crush my toes than have a loose lump of steel cut them off <_<

ah ok maybe I should explain my idea a little more then! you could put a very thin layer of foam on the inside or just a thick material? and then glue the cap into the boot using something like evo stick impact glue?

Anyway it`s not something i`d ever do personally but just an idea taken from someone elses thoughts? i`ve never personally had too many problems with crushing my toes, but do get many cuts and bruises all over my body from my through your self at it riding style!!! but I don`t think a full suit of armour would look quite right <_<