Ron

mich lin

You make a grave mistake living in the past and comparing you or me to anything happening today Ron. We are old news! You also make a BIG mistake using Geoff Aaron as a role model or yardshick Ron. I'am glad to see you fired up though!

Don't get me wrong, Geoff is a pal of mine and I give him a helping hand anytime I can having walked the path before him. I know how tough it can be for him!

Yes he is a great businessman and a really nice guy. I wish him great success in anything he does. Especally winning at life after trials, which is really 1st prize after all.

Only, and I mean only by comparing any US trials performance standard to Sanz and Raga, then to those that come up and beat them can we set a winning standard for the United State's future in trials. We cannot accept the same old standard any longer of the post Bernie days of American trials performance.

We must look to what the rest of the world's performance levels are. Then do everything possible to go beyond that. That's our future, not the standards of the past. Ron if you keep that old focus, you put your son and others on the same course of all recent US trials riders. Which is of no impact or importance to the rest of the world trials scene.

We cannot reamin the land of the BIG FISH in a small pond. But hey, maybe that's all you expect of your son? Another Big fish in a small pond, like Geoff, I hope not!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naaaaa, let's get all this out in the open! Be honest with each other and be reasonable. I'm against personal attacks but for open dialog on interesting and challenging issues.

Erm, but it was already out in the open <_<

Why do you always try to chuck in a detour and split the same topic over several threads? You even do it within a thread, often posting 3 or 4 separate replies one after the other like a ******* machine gun... Rat a tat, tat ******* tat "TURN THE ******* THING ROUND 180 DEGREES AND DO US ALL A FAVOUR!"

Settle down, take some more of those pink pills, breathe deeply, collate your ramblings and type it all up in ONE post - PLEASE?

Simply cleansing the name calling gentlemen!

Ron is a good guy who has a ton to offer the sport and the board. Starting fresh is not a bad thing when talking about difficult issues like standards.

Naaaaa, let's get all this out in the open! Be honest with each other and be reasonable. I'm against personal attacks but for open dialog on interesting and challenging issues.

Erm, but it was already out in the open <_<

Why do you always try to chuck in a detour and split the same topic over several threads? You even do it within a thread, often posting 3 or 4 separate replies one after the other like a ******* machine gun... Rat a tat, tat ******* tat "TURN THE ******* THING ROUND 180 DEGREES AND DO US ALL A FAVOUR!"

Settle down, take some more of those pink pills, breathe deeply, collate your ramblings and type it all up in ONE post - PLEASE?

You didn't go buy the Chubby Brown voice for the sat nav did you Kinell :)

I was hoping Ron would continue to post being one of the Major importers of the USA. His company , Montesa and Scorpa don't have riders in the US Pro class to my knowledge. I believe that only Sherco and GASGAS actually support US Pro riders. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Lack of support for our best riders by the majority of US importers might be one of the reasons that we see such a small Pro turnout? I wanted to ask him why he didn't sponsor a top US rider to try to beat Geoff? I know his bike goes well enough! Then explain it here for us to understand his policy.

That's why I started the Ron tred! I felt it was a new and interesting and perhaps difficult subject. I thought people might like to know about but where afraid to ask?

Ron didnt you find it funny when the great one ( Leavitt to beaver) cuts down THE GREAT ONE (Geoff) then in the next batch of posts claims to be big buddies? Also the post you had about getting of your butt and DOING something for the sport (which seemed directed at Lane types) He shot right back in agreement and didnt even get the ribbing (or chose to ignore it) Yes it is great entertainment > too bad he offers so much negativity I guess when you have such a serious Superiority complex as he thats how you treat the rest of the world?

First of all ...Thank You Norm...

Ok .. well am gonna get slammed here but......

Us pro riders....ok there are only 4 that deserve / have earned/ any type of FULL sponsorship .. Now lets look at the business side..

How many More (key word here)Bikes will a Pro Rider sell for me .. ???????

ans. maybe 5-10

Lets see If a rider capable of beating Geoff was available it would cost approx. 40-50 bike sales worth of profit to break even

ans. full blown sponsorship not feasible..

Now if a "PRO" Rider is realistic and willing to come ride for me , It would be on a sales/performance Basis.. So much money per bike he sells and Prize money for 1st place only..Now there is some incentive.. on both our parts .. I will say he would be riding a Rcs Tuned Beta as well...Well theres the offer.....

So what do I do with all the money I make????

ans.. What Money...

seriously.. I would rather spend my small budget supporting 20-25 kids and support - ex riders than one pro rider..

I believe that all of the support riders I have ARE VERY HAPPY, that I do this as well .. Remember I travel to all of the USA Nationals.. including Youth Nationals In Tn , certain Regional and all STRA events.. With Parts and service to ALL Beta Riders.. I have been known to help the odd Sherco or gas gas rider If I have time..lol My BETA Loyal Riders come first..ALWAYS !!

Now I Have no other income to fall back on so I must at least pay all expenses and trials can just barely do this.. So I hope this answers some questions..

By the Way Beta USA will have a PRO Rider for Rhode Island.. Andrew Blaine from South Africa Is trying to arrange his Visa NOW.. He hopes to arrive around the youth Nationals weekend.. So Mich we are trying !

Bottom Line on finding someone who can beat Geoff Regularily... right now there are 2-3 who come to mind.. They are spoken for ..

The One Guy who could do It Well RINGO of course but I find his 100k salary a tad bit high.. Plus his fuel for his personal Jet.. His Nike sponsorship to buy that is impossible and of course there is the TFM contract!!!!! LOL..Oh I almost forgot the Ron Jon Hawaiin shirt dept... Sponsorship... <_<

Northwestern mom, Thanks for jumping in. You guys sit in the trials hot seat for sure and yes I've got my eye on your team. Keep up the good work. Also, Stick with Craig, he's got the vision for the future you will need to excell. HE'S ALSO GOT THE PERSONALITY.

Who am I in the sport? I'm simply an armchair athlete who tried to get back into the nationals last year but was kicked out of the series for not being up to NATC standards! Actually, that's the kind of people who sponsor sports, whatabees like me.

I was poised to get back into NATC trials in a big way but simply didn't fit into the NATC program. So now I'm only a fan, like someone watching football on TV and talking about the big game but not actually doing anything.

Consider this, at one time we were one of the biggest contributors to the US TDN team of cash donations. That was until the team manager told me point blank he didn't need our help or want our cash. So I stopped sending it.

Could I sponsor riders? Sure! There has to be a lot of Americans that are interested in young riders who might have the talent. The question one always asks yourself as a sponsor is, why? Is this a good investment?

I apolagize that I come accross as arrogant but don't confuse arrogance with confidence. In my line of work we deal with people's lives and if a mistake is made, it can cost millions of dollars at best or at worst somebody is dead! That tends to make a person a hard @ss.

When it goes well, everyone makes a little money and people are entertained by the art. Is it easy? H@ll no! But professional trials was a great training ground for what we do today. That's why I love the sport.

Is Geoff my buddy? Yes! How have we helped him? We have hooked him up with TV and movie jobs and we got him his Screen Actors Guild card. The passport to the motion picture and TV career world and the big dough!

I've started dozens of men in the industry, all of them are earning way over a hundred grand a year now. Some of them are even running the biggest shows in Hollywood like Spiderman and The Dukes of Hazard for example. Others have just finished working on shows like Pirates. Simply Northermom, I'm known as one of the best trainers of young talent in Hollywood. Is that arrogant or confident?

One parting shot, last night Ringo E-mailed me asking if I could help his son be a stuntman? He's been going to stuntschool but can't get any work. So You see mom, I don't fit into the normal mold of your everyday person, I make a differnce. I'm extra ordinary, speak the truth and watch the back of those around me who watch mine.

But, I will not go where I'm not wanted! Even though I could bring a lot to the table. Remember the old saying "You can bring a horse to water but you cannot make him drink."

That's why I not convinced trials is worth investing in! Does that make me an jerk or simply a good businessman?