Ron

mich lin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Isherwood, you know you made a bundle off your world round, Fess up! Hey, PITS bought a peice of land off their world round profits, what did you buy?  That vintage RTL?

As for me I went bankrupt riding trials! In 1978 I made $4,0000.00 working construction and spent $6000.00 as a privateer beating Bernie at his prime, fair and square. Something few riders were ever able to do.

And the highest paid Bultaco works ride had to dip into his own pocket <_<:):D

post-8-1149287851.gif

<_<

So wadda we know about the Beave?

(big inhale, Ace Ventura fast talk voice)

Beave says Ron needs to kick down some big dough before Beave will ride World stuff for him on a Beta, Ish is gettin' rich on the backs of World Trials riders and fans, Geoff Aaron is the lamest thing to ever sling a leg over a Trials bike and he is the Champ only because a bunch of aging National guys who just don't care, have conspired to systematically empty the US youth talent pool, but in spite of a dramatic crash/injury in the rocks, Beave is still Ringo's biggest fan, and the only way the US will ever produce a World Champ ever again is with the paid guidance of the Beave himself, and some mystery man who knows who he is, is spanning the globe and makin' out like a bandit with the proceeds from the ETDE raffle money... and after all this, we find that back in the seventies, the Golden Age of professional Trials, the good ol' days when the Beave was King... The Beave went bankrupt ridin' pro Trials. (big inhale and gasping to catch breath)

Beave, I think I saw you in a movie. Weren't you the stunt double for Ace Ventura when he wore a pink Tu Tu and tried to get committed to the Happy Home? Every time I see that scene, I think of you.

"I'm gonna execute a 180 degree flip turn in super slo mo. Brrrrrrrr rrowwww fwaaaa, buuurrrr wah grrrrfoowah."

"Let's see it again in instant replay. Hawoofrrrrg haw rrruuub aaaawf wwworr rrrrrrrrB."

"Put me in coach. I'm ready to play. Just give me one more chance. I've been training hard. Please!"

You are a classic, Beave. Love ya! :):D:wall: :wall:

Ain't gonna happen, Ron is a tightwad, too, like me!

I would pay that tenner to see Mich actually attempt the Pro line though!

Ron and I would catch you! I promise!

How's you shoulder doing Ron, mine sucks! <_<

It warms my heart to see the return of TC to it's old glory <_< Ringo, Mich and Sendero back on their keyboards like the good old days. It's been well over 100 here in the desert, people are getting snarly commuting in the dry heat, it's refreshing to come home and get a good laugh.

Send, you messed up bigtime on your tale, it's Ringo who's working on the deal with Beta not me. Read again about Ringo's outside sponsorship allowing him to ask Ron for less salery in exchange for a Double ride, trials and Endurocross.

Yes Geoff stinks and Ringo rocks! Hey Ringo would have been IN THE POINTS at the world round, LINE ONE, Geoff couldn't even ride Line One, he had to ride down with the girls and the youth riders, then he still lost to young Cody Webb, who is to young to ride world rounds with the adults.

Wow, that Geoff even gets beat in the ladies and kids class, What a loser!

Dude, get some help.

Ringo? Beta? Right...

What's he gonna do about that Montesa tattoo on Little Pink Johnny? You gonna remove it for him? Huh?

I have the two cleanest and most pristine Betas in North America and he forces me to park 'em out of visual range just so he can eat, and usually on the downwind side of the motorhomes where the trashbags hang. And he's gonna ride a Beta? GFR.

Did you seriously just call the Champ a "loser"?

Save yourself. Take it back, or... or... or I'll not like you anymore.

Send, you messed up bigtime on your tale, it's Ringo who's working on the deal with Beta not me. Read again about Ringo's outside sponsorship allowing him to ask Ron for less salery in exchange for a Double ride, trials and Endurocross.

Yes Geoff stinks and Ringo rocks! Hey Ringo would have been IN THE POINTS at the world round, LINE ONE, Geoff couldn't even ride Line One, he had to ride down with the girls and the youth riders, then he still lost to young Cody Webb, who is to young to ride world rounds with the adults. 

Wow, that Geoff even gets beat in the ladies and kids class,  What a loser!

If Cody is 18 he can ride line 1 (or as we call it in the WTC, championship route)

Adam, simply playing around with some of the Yanks. Often they think we ride better than we actually do nowadays, while the truth is our riding levels have dropped drasticly over the past 25 years in the USA.

Geoff is my pal and deserves a great deal of respect. He's perhaps one of the greatest businessmen in trials today.

Is he as good a rider as the European top men? NO, and Geoff knows it.

I do think he's better at business than most of your riders. Which is sometimes more important in the long run!

I do like to have a little fun with some of the Yanks,though. A lot of them don't realize that he can't hold a candle to the European best. So they tend to inflate his and their skill level to much in their own minds.

Which is part of the problem, the solution is being honest with ourselves and start rebuilding a world championship caliber group of youngsters from the USA. That can't be done however until we admit we need to.

The way our NATC system is organized in the USA makes everybody a champion, and creates a bunch of works riders who wouldn't be anywhere else in the world. These guys are not that good, yet are US champions and have works ride! Who wouldn't think they where good in that situation? That is until this last world round in the USA, which finally woke everyone up and proved the point once and for all. Simply, we all suck at riding trials nowadays in the USA, including our 9 time national champion!

Geoff's smart though and realizes that keeping the US title while he can and his live demo show business work well together here in the USA. Even when his personal riding stops, he will still do well in the trials business in my opinion. I suspect he will hire other youngsters to ride for him. It's simply a matter of marketing and getting the bookings. Whatever it takes to turn a buck.

Why Geoff's a winner in my book! He's doing what he likes for a living. He has found a nitch in the trials world. Has has met a great lady trials rider that I believe he plans to marry.

Not bad for an old guy who never scored a single World Championship point. He reaps the spoils of this great sport, without ever having to deal with the pressure of world championship competition. Now that's an amazing story.

From the scores in Japan, It looks like the Japanese have some good riders but where were the local Junior & Youth riders?

Also, anyone making a living purely out of trials only is doing very very well!