How To Check The Oil Level On The Sy250

svennl

The oil filler cap on my SY250 is just a cap, not a dipstick.

So how do I check the correct level of the transmission oil? The instruction manual pdf doesn't mention this.

Anybody knows the trick?

By far the easiest way to do this is to change your oil and measure the right amount to put in. If you really want to check it then there's a bolt on the right hand side just between the casing and your brake pedal. Undo it and if oil runs out it's ok, if not then you need to add oil till it runs out. You can find the procedure in the Scorpa SY manual here.

Change the oil...... NOW! If you think you need to check it - change it!

Yamaha say 700cc on side cover, Scorpa say 600cc in manual. 650cc of the best synthetic 2 stroke oil sounds good HUH!

Edited by ned kelly

why the need to check the level of your oil? :wub: unless you have a puddle on the garage floor. what you need to do is just change it as often as you can, every couple of outings is a good guide but thats up to you. you can change it every time,but not really any need. just remember to use agood quality oil i use pj1 75w light gear oil, it seems to suit my bike and i,ve had no problems with clutch drag since using it. glad you chose the sy you have made a great choice and i hope you enjoy :thumbup::thumbup::wub: .angus...