Honda Element

cota kid

• 11 years later...

Ok, so lucky for me I don't care about pig ugly, I know I am asking a lot but I would like something that I can get in the use, is small, AWD, manual transmission and can carry at least 1 bike.  A second bike would be a nice win but isn't critical as most of the time I have a second I have all 3 of my families bikes and am towing a trailer any way.  

So do we have anyone that has actually used a Honda Element and could tell me if a bike or maybe two could fit, hoping without adjusting the bars (but I could live with that).  

Current Honda Element:
DSC03557.jpg

Edited by jonnyc21

Without the AWD requirement, you have a huge choice. Insisting on AWD impacts in two ways:

1. Far fewer models to choose from.

2. The rear platform is likely to be higher in comparison to FWD, so it's a greater height to lift the bike and less headroom inside.

If you're thinking of carrying a trials bike in a "good" car, you should also consider the dirt that gets carried into it and possibly the damage to the interior trim. (I carry my bike in a Citroen Berlingo and it is marginal on headroom. Hence I have put quite a lot of marks in the headlining with the handlebars. It's also got very muddy inside, but I'm not too concerned as it is only a knock-about car.)

That's part of why I was thinking a used Element might be an ok choice... no carpet just plastic/rubber type floor, foldable seats, larger cargo, built with the dirty weekend getaway in mind.  but gives me the AWD I am after.  

I am open to other AWD manual transmission options, just not sure what other options I have for the price range of a used Element.