Tlr250f Wheel Hubs

hans

Hi, I recently bought a TLR250F, I was going to refurbish my TLR200 D or E which I have used as a playbike for 15 years, however upon seeing slim tank units and wanting one, then seeing the prices and the cost of importing it to New Zealand when a 250 came along that was a much cheaper option, the bike has been fully restored in the sense that it was completely taken apart, everything painted silver, all the alloy polished, new nuts and bolts etc but not much money spent on it, I was going to transfer bits from my 200 but have discovered that there are really not that many similar parts, anyway I would like to learn a bit more about the 250 so first question is are the wheel hubs/wheels shared with other Hondas and if so which?

Regards

Hans

• 2 weeks later...

I believer the later hubs tlr250F are the same as the early RTL . I have a couple of HRC RS250ta 1984 trials bikes and the hubs are TLR200 style with aluminium arms. Front and rear shoes ar4e smae size as XR80. Hope this helps.

The TLR250F hubs were mounted on different bikes

RTL250S - TLR250R - TLM200

the rear wheel hubs can be find on the TLM220 and 250 (front disk brake).

In the north of Thailand were I live, the TLR200 and TLM200 are quite common as cheap second hand bike imported in Thailand from Japan.

some pictures on this website:

http://www.ataq.qc.ca/galerie/index.php?fo.../Mus%E9e/Honda/

Thanks for that, I was hoping they might come on something like an XR or XL which are very common here in New Zealand, I have found that the brake shoes on the TLR250 are the same as the XR200, probably the most common dirt bike in NZ. They are MUCH bigger than the shoes on the TLR200 which probably explains some of my more interesting trail experiences on it.

I am also interested in this topic, as i am converting a tlr200 reflex to a trials competition ready bike. Here in the us xr's are common. so i was wondering if the xr hubs are the same width. I wanted to change from steel rims to aluminum. The brake drums on my tlr are the same size as my sons xr 70, tiny. If xr 200 wheels fit i would have aluminum rims and maybe bigger drums.

Hi Guys, just to clarify some information above.

You refer to both the TLR250's as "F" and "R" models, am I right in assuming that the "F" model is the twin shock and the "R" model is the monoshock? (not the RTL which is a different monoshock)

ON the subject of TLR hubs, I recently bought a good secondhand gold anodised front wheel assembly for a TLM200 I am working on, I don't know what model bike the wheel is from but the hub has a smaller dia axle and smaller brake shoes than both the TLR250 and TLM200 front hubs

thanks

Gazza