All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. steve0

4rt oil change

Unrelated but its the start of my 4RT project, i have two to work on a 16 and a 17, Ill practice on one then film the other.
  3. steve0

4rt oil change

This for me was a slight worry, after coming from a 2T 250 EXC where every nut and bolt removal is covered by at least 4 videos i could only find one about the 4RT, the Scottish hydro locked one, now i think as they hardly ever go wrong there just isn't the need for them. I aim to change that though as i will start making them as i learn how to maintain the beast!
  4. steve0

Scalvini exhaust system

Anyone know who sells them they look great value.
  5. Today
  6. feetupfun

Hi, looking for advise on buying an Alpina project

The 116 is the first 350cc Alpina model and it has a longer stroke than the 99 Alpina. The 99 may have been marketed as a 350 but is 325cc. Bultaco introduced "choice of shifting side" during the following series of Alpina (137/138). Some 137/138 are RH shift and some are LH/RH shift.
  7. feetupfun

Tubless tires on my TY 250 questions

If you have the original rear rim on your 74 TY250, it will have a bead seat that is suitable to use with a tube and a modern tubeless competition trials tyre made by Michelin or IRC, or a modern tube type rear trials competition tyre made by IRC.
  8. still trying

If it keeps slipping off the rim try removing the lip seal on the inside of the bead. This worked for me ('76 kt250 DID rims). I used an angle grinder and sanded them off.
  9. Tillerman6

74 TY 250A PISTON & RING ISSUES

Sounds like it. I explained what was going on with the vibrations and first thing he said was "sounds like you spun the crank!" So he's been there, done that! The lower end is in th UPS system now. On it's way to Tennessee.
  10. Tillerman6

74 TY 250A PISTON & RING ISSUES

Yes the piston tops out exactly at the same spot on the cylinder. The skirt is a few MM shorter than the old one The extra weight of the new piston was another problem. I am back to the old piston, but today I sent in the whole engine less the cylinder, head and piston in to B& J racing.The vibration I'm getting isn't normal even with the old piston. I took off the mag and backing plate and both outer covers to save weight. They will have a look and tell me what it needs. Probably be a week or so before it shows up, then another few days before they have a chance to look at it. I took the time to put a dial indicator on the very outer edge of the magneto while it was still mounted to the end of the crankshaft. I was getting 0.010" of in-out wobble. so I think the crank shaft is pulled out of alignment. I sure hope B& J can fix it permanently !! If I had known B&J had the correct pistons, I would have let them do my cylinder work. That was a few months ago, and I was on here and could not find the correct one!
  11. Junglejeff

Thanks,I figure if I have a issue will simply install a tubless system that I use on my offroad bikes.Just hoping not to spend 100 bucks on one.They work fantastic but sort of pricy. I would do that before replacing the rim.I guess I will find out how low I can go with the tube in there.Either that or hunt down a irc tire.What pressure do you guys run in the back tire?
  12. Yesterday
  13. Sir Real Ed

Battery hour meter for 2018 Beta Evo 200

I'm thinking I might mount a sundial on my bike next..... or maybe on my helmet.....
  14. gasgasstu

Tiger cub head removal

Do you have to take the front engine bolts out? The head nuts are the long type which I assume makes the studs shorter, so should give a little more clearance.
  15. naichuff

Tiger cub head removal

Yes It is a tight fit
  16. jrsunt

Montesa 4rt Cutting Out

You had a bill of £200 which was cheap considering the hours I spent trying to diagnose the fault. The diagnostic tool wouldn't even read the bike because of the damage. We swapped the ht coil, throttle body, condenser and b/a sensor from my brand new bike that had never turned a wheel let alone been started, testing and reassembling after each component change is very time consuming. Swapping all those from 1 brand new bike to another is no simple job, plus you were given another bike to ride for the day while you waited.... Everytime the fan kicked in or turned off the bike would cut out. After much head scratching, I noticed the thermostat was very bent and the radiator had creased from the hit to the ht coil. I swapped the thermostat from my bike and the bike worked as normal. Your parts were then reassembled on the bike and you test rode it, and the diagnostic tool would communicate with the bike. Draw your own conclusions from this. Please, bring the bike back again
  17. Petr

Battery hour meter for 2018 Beta Evo 200

I found it very useful for the oil changes. I would definitely not remember how often and how long I was on the bike (maybe a problem with the old age). My one sits on piece of metal (with hook & loop pad) with holes on the sides and plastic straps through & around the bars
  18. gasgasstu

Tiger cub head removal

Can the cylinder head be removed with engine in frame?
  19. tony27

My TY250 is fitted with an x-lite from memory & didn't have any problems at the multi day event I did last year. Still want to get a set of spokes to fit a flanged Akront rim so I can go tubeless at some stage but struggling to find somewhere that can roll 4mm threads
  20. hoodie2

Grimeca hydraulic clutch

MC is clean and new seal kit installed. Going to try and replace the seals in the slave cylinder and then rebuild and try bleeding again.
  21. timdog

I’ve used Michelin on back of fantic and bsa c15 without any problems with tube and rimlock bolts, but I am aware others have problems keeping tyre on rim at low pressure so maybe down to individual rims. common best practice seems to be IRC tyre on rear for tubes, got one on now and it’s great
  22. ENGLISHBANDIT

NEW BIKE INFO PLEASE

Top man. will check it when i pick the bike up.also Road and trials bike shop is not far from me so can always pop in and ask. I remember going over a tree at inch perfect 2 years ago one minute i was looking at the tree to ride over (3 foot high ) the next flying though the air like a bird then hitting the ground like a brick all in a split second lol did that hurt my pride or what.
  23. jonnyc21

NEW BIKE INFO PLEASE

On the black tube... easy to tell just pull back the edge of the grip and see if its white or black, if white (Fast tube) you can change it to the black if the bike feels to quick on the throttle response. And there is no need to get a new cable you can use your current one without issue. On the low compression head, my assumption was going to an S3 head however I didn't look into what options you have for your year/model of Beta.
  24. Jonny wishbone

BSSA, Cheshire

Appreciate your comments and help. thank you !
  25. ENGLISHBANDIT

NEW BIKE INFO PLEASE

Thanks mightyclub I always look after my bikes so no problems there. I changed the oil on my sherco every 5 hours of use and did filter after every ride and every 10 hours of use, stripped it right back and greased everything. I have road bikes as well and do all my own jobs on them. I guess like a lot of bikers working on the bikes is half the fun. Off round Lochness again next month for 5 days of riding over apple cross pass and so on. How is the beta on the road say going from place to place. i take it you would not want to be on a road long and guess its not good for the bike, Not that i intend to road ride it. PS how will i know if the bike already has a black or slow throttle tube on it. will it say so or is it easy to tell. if i get one will i need a new cable or is it just a straight swap. sorry for stupid question but i really do not know to much about these bikes. I will get up to speed fast i hope with a bit of help
  26. ENGLISHBANDIT

NEW BIKE INFO PLEASE

Thanks for the info lads really helps. I take it the low compression head is the S3 ones i see on bikes. is it just a straight swap.and thanks majesty for the parkwood link.
  27. mightychub

NEW BIKE INFO PLEASE

You will not go wrong with a beta and the 300 is a soft bike unless you really wind the throttle up. I have a 2017 Factory 300 and I flippen love it, it just pulls up anything and to be honest I have found it better than my normal 250 clubman one for been smooth. There are no bad points really I would always keep the back shock dog links greased as they can go if not looked after other than that plenty of oil changes and it will just keep giving you hours of fun.
  28. nicbrrghs

Wont re-start after crash!! Help Please!!

pulled Woodruff key and replaced as matter of course , cleaned carb but not checked reed valves as yet. thanks for the help so far
  1. Load more activity