2008 Rev 4 Question

taylo63

Hi All

There is a nice 08 Rev 4 for sale near me which I quite like the look of. I read through this forum and it appears there was a kickstart mod that Beta did for this model. The question is how can you tell if the mod has been done ?

Thanks

Hi All

There is a nice 08 Rev 4 for sale near me which I quite like the look of. I read through this forum and it appears there was a kickstart mod that Beta did for this model. The question is how can you tell if the mod has been done ?

Thanks

hi from what i can remember the mod is a longer shaft to prevent the kick start catching the frame

• 2 weeks later...

cos they're crap, thats why,.

Ever owned one?

Once jetted properly, I loved mine. Owned it for almost 3 years. Only reason I went back to 2-stroke Evo was money. You pay more for the 4-stroke new, and then sell it way below value used, due to the smaller number of buyers, that want a 4-stroke.

• 4 weeks later...

Raise the needle all the way up - clip on the bottom - they have set them lean in the midrange to pass emissions. Experiment with pilot jet setting but 2-2.5 turns is about right for a smooth idle and off idle feel (and a resistance to die). You will still need to set the idle high at approx 1400-1600 rpm. Main jet is normally correct from factory.