Honda Cubs In The Ssdt ?

andy m

Hi, when the Honda Cub was launched in 1958, apparently sometime after Honda entered a team in the Ssdt. I am talking about the C50/70/90 range of Cubs(autos) not the road bikes with manual clutch as was seen at the pre 65 this year. The Honda Cub was probably the most important motorcycle ever launched, look at the production figures. If it is true about the trials debut I as a Cub fan have not seen anything about it. P.S I have seen the U.S variations with knobbly tyres etc and high level exhaust systems. Thanks. :D

Edited by bo drinker

Hi Bo,

I believe the great Eddy Lejeune started riding on C90's modified by his father, the rest is history!

And you are right it is probably the most successful bike ever produced so maybe the old step through is'nt just as daft as people think.

And it can be done! :rolleyes:

post-997-1157362541.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

• 6 years later...

would a super cub be Ahrma premier legal?  Seems if you could prove it competed in trials ...

13.1.2 PREMIER LIGHTWEIGHT: Certain pre-1965 era and like design, unit- or non-unit construction, two- or four-stroke machine, 250cc and smaller. Also, unit-construction, four-stroke machines over 300cc. Examples: Greeves, Dot, Cotton (Villiers-powered), unit-construction BSA singles or twins, Royal Enfield Crusader, Triumph Cub, Triumph 500 unit twin or Triumph-powered Greeves. Hondas are limited to CB160, CL72 and CL77. Modifications and major components are limited to those of the era, typical of machines in the 1960s.

On 7/27/2013 at 11:55 PM, charlie prescott said:

Hi Guy's

Honda Copy," Super Cub Trial's" or CT 140! watch this space.

or catch up on www.bsaotter.com, A trials-bike for everyone? could be??? We have to give it a go.

Regards Charlie.

Hi Charlie, a new response to an old post,...........did anything come of this project ?