Bbc Kick Start

hamblefield

I seem to remember going to the Lyme Regis round, en-route to the Lyn Traders. There were a few Fantic 'Young Men' riding in addition to those pictured, Nibs Kellet and Rob Smith to name but two.

Arena Trial, followed by your average night in Lynton on the ale, Lyn Traders National (road trial), a better than average night in Lynton on the ale, thrashing Carthorse and JR at pool, Lyn Club trial to clear the head and a long drive home - it's what weekends were made for.

That might even have been the same year that Orson and the boys put on an Indoor Trial, trouble is it was in the hotel :D

No photos to protect the guilty and the innocent.

Edited by Subira

For those who weren't there, we showed those Kickstart vids in the Trials Central tent at Hawkstone. One of them featured a young rider by the name of John Lampkin. John just happened to be in the Trials Central tent that night. A tad embarrased would probably be an understatement! :D

i missed it :D:D

Dude don`t worry I think that was the night Bikespace woke me up with his tongue in my ear! Damn that there alcohol making me sleep in public!

• 2 weeks later...

For those who weren't there, we showed those Kickstart vids in the Trials Central tent at Hawkstone. One of them featured a young rider by the name of John Lampkin. John just happened to be in the Trials Central tent that night. A tad embarrased would probably be an understatement! :D

i missed it :blush::(

Dude don`t worry I think that was the night Bikespace woke me up with his tongue in my ear! Damn that there alcohol making me sleep in public!

Tongue?

:blink:

found some tapes of my dads today,kickstart, superbike 6 he died friday got to search through loads of stuff,but he had if anyone knows how to get the film from beta max onto the web or can do it on to dvd, not sure if the tapes are still watchable if i can find a mate with a betamax i will see what there like.we definetly had the 1976 donington kickstart tape somewhere.maybe the last copy?