Belgium World Round

matt

has the venue that is being used next week for the final round of the world championship been used before for such an event. had a look on a couple of world trials vids but could not find it. if it has can anyone remember the year so i no which video to watch. just curious to see what terrain it is. cheers

The event is held within the famous Spa Francorchamp racing circuit - home of the Belgian Grand Prix. Whilst the circuit itself makes for an interesting and unique venue with some cracking backdrops for photos, the sections are mostly man-made and, IMO, not that great.

My photos from last year are here

You'll be able to get video from this event next weekend on Trials Central. I do believe Mr. Kinell is making the journey and will be handling video. However, most of it will be Supporters-only.

i am planning going to Spa/belgium to watch the riders the last round.

Is there parking on the circuit, as this will be the first time i go there?

Is taking a ATB with me smart? So i can follow the top riders during the whole round?

There is plenty of parking there and they had no problem with people staying in campervans/tents last year. I would recommend taking a push bike with you, a lot of the sections are very spread out. Last year they were all connected by an internal road, so easy to get to, just a long way!

Looking at the photo's can't help but think, were are the spectator's!!.

A place like that is geared up to cater for large numbers, the top riders are walking/riding the sections, in my experience that is when you get the most spectators round the section, and it's a one day event.

Yes, it was viewed by many spectators, only this non-stop section was situated in the back of the circuit, and i was one of the first to arrive. And i felt that the most people were watching fujinami and lampkin. And they were a little behind of Raga, and the other spanish guys.