Hondas On E Bucket

slapshot 3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T F Tim, RS-time -till'83, was before HRC existed, the bikes were made at the Racig Service Center Corporation

Yeah, when googling for a pic of what I remembered the RS200 to be I was reminded of HRCs predecessor. Couldn't find the pic though.

Big John, I'd settle for a real Rothmans RTL!

Hard to tell whether that is the short stroke 305 or the full 360 but for sure - I'd settle for either

Be interesting to know what the 305/360 short stroke engine was derived from as it doesn't have the deep sump of the TL/XL earlier motors and also has that high gear shaft

Edited by Woody

Be interesting to know what the 305/360 short stroke engine was derived from as it doesn't have the deep sump of the TL/XL earlier motors and also has that high gear shaft

It was designed specifically for trials. Sammy said they needed a shorter motor and a few months later the short stroke appeared.

It was designed specifically for trials. Sammy said they needed a shorter motor and a few months later the short stroke appeared.

Trouble was, he wanted a shorter, in height, version of the long stroke........ It seems most of the UK Honda riders preferred the older long stroke with just Nick Jefferies preferring the short stroke. I'd like to have any of them.

The bike in the first link from tlrs is one of Lejeunes old bikes, now owned by Jean Calliou

Edited by Woody

Yep must agree BJ,

No matter how many times this subject crops up it always stirs up a lot of interest probably because there is that element of myth surrounding all the works Honda trials bikes, everybody adds their bit most of which is hearsay no disrespect to anyone I'm as guilty as anyone for adding my 2 pennies worth, its a bit like a jigsaw with some of the pieces missing.But if you were around to witness the likes of Rob, Hattori, Eddy and Steve ride these wonderfull machines or have ever been lucky enough to own an RTL or any model for that matter it gets into your blood and I honestly don't know any other bike that has this effect on so many people. :)

Or am I just crackers? :(

Prefer the 7R...

old memories, Big John knows a very old friend of my family and Scottish bike sport in general, Norrie Lamont. Norrie used to race 7Rs and won a manx TT race at some point in the distant past. As a youngster I remember being taken out one Saturday (mid/late 70's I suspect) to see this beast and then heading up the Fairlie Moor road to see it in action (our friends in blue were a little less conspicuous back then). All I can ever remember is the pace this thing went at and the noise, amazing...

Back to honda's it has been a love I've had since way back when, the TL 125's a local, Lex Allan had one bored out to 150cc and the frame altered to be more usable off road. From there through the one 's that Rob Shepard had, the Seeleys the TLRs and the RTL's. I got rid of mine for my own reasons but I'd have a Honda again in a shot....if she'd let me...