Told Not To Bother Turning Up To A Club Championship Trial?

aj201280

Sorry venting frustration and was wondering if anyone else had this problem

I called a club secratary from A motorcycle club asking about joining the club and riding the club competition which they were holding within the next month and was told it was closed to club members and as i had not observed any of their trials this year "dont bother even turning up" :D

I have only been back riding 3 months

Do they have that many members they can afford to turn them away?

AJ, dont let that put you off, all the clubs I have dealt with are always very freindly and go out of their way to help new riders. Heard of this type of thing in MX but not trials, good old bunch the trials community you going to name and shame mate?

I.D.M.C.C I wouldnt be so bothered if it wasnt for the fact i used to ride there trials as a schoolboy and if he had acctualy been polite and if he had said i had to observe one i would have been more than happy to observe just to get out on bike at least

Will i not get in trouble with trials central for that?

Given you're in Kinloss, it kinda shortens the possibilities somewhat! :D I have no objections. Most of the Scottish Clubs have representatives that post on these forums. I'd be interested to see their response.

Edit: Club as suspected based on your location. Topic moved to UK Trials talk.

There has been a big issue this year regarding observers for the club championship rounds at I.D.M.C.C.

So at the beginning of the season every member had to sign a form saying they would observe one round of the club championship.

Does seem a bit odd that your willing to observe and not being allowed that option.

Best bet would be to turn up, explain your situation and i'm sure there would be no problem with you observing.

I.D.M.C.C. member.

This should be interesting, we are only viewing the side of disgruntled customer so far.

We know from tales of SSDT entries that the secretary takes all sort's of stick all hours of the day, and she's such a sweet little thing, how could anyone be nasty toward her.

PS my entries on the way flower :D

Its a fair way to travel for me to get to it and get sent packing might just come along to the woodside one when i get back instead and hae a chat then with whoever is in charge see if i cant sort something out as its only ten mins drive

Hope it dont dammage chances of Scottish entry as am planning it next year

Sorry venting frustration and was wondering if anyone else had this problem

I called a club secratary from A motorcycle club asking about joining the club and riding the club competition which they were holding within the next month and was told it was closed to club members and as i had not observed any of their trials this year "dont bother even turning up" :D

I have only been back riding 3 months

Do they have that many members they can afford to turn them away?

Well, well, what a slagging I've had here!! :D

I'm the Club Secretary in question and I'd like to put a couple of things straight here.

I don't know who you are (behind your screen name AJ201280) but if you'd like to reveal your identity just email or pm your ID. I'm sure I'd know you if you rode as a youth.

You actually asked to ride the trial on Sunday and it was myself that mentioned membership etc.

We run a 6 round Club Championship which is fully observed but under certain membership conditions listed below :-

Edited by idmcc_sec