315 Or 4rt

canine

Can anyone tell me the pro's and con's?

I'm going to upgrade would like a 4rt but what's the service costs? ie: oil filter? fuel filter(if its got one)

i'm also looking at a 315 (2004) so what's the differance for routine maintanance?

Any help or advice would be great

cheers

Both bikes need very little maintenance. The 315 has a carburettor so that needs removing every couple of trials and cleaning, whilst the 4rt has an injector so there's nothing to service. That's the main difference. Of course all the other bits, brakes, chain, sprockets, tyres, levers/grips etc need the same looking after, but as an owner of both, the fact of the matter with the 4RT is that I take the rear fender off, take out the filter and cover the airbox, wash the bike, let it dry naturally and put the filter and fender back and off to the next trial Compared to everything else, Montesas are a real doddle to look after and everything fits, every time, all the time. 'Nuff said. As far as costs go, oil for the 4RT should be cahnged frequently, but it only takes 420cc so that's about

Edited by Hillary

Cheers i've got an older montesa(311) so i know the main points for servicing the 2stroke but i was told the 4stroke needed much more maintanance, But i suppose what will be saved in 2stroke oil will pay for oil and filter for the 4rt

I saw it Thats what got me thinking about the 4rt instead but it does seem cheap, its road registered so it's unlikely to be stolen but maybe its got outstanding finance?

Edited by Canine