4rt Won't Start.

cota kid

Dominic,

Can you contact Geoff our mechanic.

01282 428383.

Rather than make a comment such as "non-runner" let's get to the bottom of why the bike won't start and get you "up and running" again.

Caroline @ Sandiford's

Now that's quality service, I've got to say my mont usually goes wrong a couple of days before we've organised to go practice and Sandifords always get me the bits out asap, bit off topic but credit where credits due

cheers

Remember earlier post where I had the same problem after dropping the bike. The issue in my case was the throttle cable had pulled back in the rubber sleeve and was holding the throttle well open. This shuts down the whole system, no spark and no injection either. When I finally noticed it, pushed the cable back in and it started first kick as usual.

Other thing to be aware of is, if the cable adjuster is screwed to far in on the throttle body it can jam on the throttle quadrant and hold the butterly open with the same result. There was a Montesa alert on this specifying how far out the cable adjuster must be set. Hope this helps

Dominic,

Can you contact Geoff our mechanic.

01282 428383.

Rather than make a comment such as "non-runner" let's get to the bottom of why the bike won't start and get you "up and running" again.

Caroline @ Sandiford's

Honda definately doesn't want any negative press about the 4rt do they. They seem to be making a good job of acheiving that with the levels of service they provide. All we can hope for is that the other manufacturers use this as the yard stick and up their game to same level. In my experience honda seems to want to go that extra mile to get you sorted out.

Not that the other manufacturers provide inadequate service but its nice to see honda being so pro-active.

Keep up the good work

I'm very pleased to say that after contacting Sandifords and speaking to Geoff I have rectified the problem, simply by tapping the Bank Sensor Unit with a screwdriver.

Thanks. :thumbup:

I thought he might have told you to remove the tilt switch as I assume it'll be a recurring problem with your riding style.

I'm very pleased to say that after contacting Sandifords and speaking to Geoff I have rectified the problem, simply by tapping the Bank Sensor Unit with a screwdriver.

Thanks. :beer:

I thought he might have told you to remove the tilt switch as I assume it'll be a recurring problem with your riding style.

:thumbup: Good one Perce, but not as good as the one about the podium in Germany.

You have to take your hat off to Caroline at Sandifords, that interjection offering help and advice just adds to the quality of service offered by the Montesa importer for the UK.

A big well done where its due! :thumbup:

Big John

I don't know what you're doing on here BJ, at least Dom tries to start his, you'll be still be giving half of Inverness the guided tour of your 4rt & not even considered starting it yet.

You have to take your hat off to Caroline at Sandifords, that interjection offering help and advice just adds to the quality of service offered by the Montesa importer for the UK.

A big well done where its due! :thumbup:

Big John

I don't know what you're doing on here BJ, at least Dom tries to start his, you'll be still be giving half of Inverness the guided tour of your 4rt & not even considered starting it yet.

Sorry Perce, have to contradict you mate, I HAVE seen the Big John 4RT, started, moving around large field and almost getting dirty :beer: