Beta 4-stroke

kinell

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neon, your right, this is the only time i have ever had any interest at all in trying a 4 stroke. Hope this is the start of better things for trials bikes in the future, the Mont is far to big for me to get used to and complicated. Really hope they have been working on this for years and its not a quick fix job, cant wait to have a go on one now.

Well folks I've got to be different and say I'm disappointed............................................ I've realised I'll have to get rid of my beloved Yamaha Pinky, get a loan and get one!!

Sorry - hang on, the Missus is saying its her or the Beta...................................(big moan!).......................

................................................................................

CORRECTION - I'll have to get rid of my beloved Yamaha Pinky, AND the Missus, get a bigger loan, and then get one!! Yippee, a new superb looking bike and no more moaning about dirty trials clothing left in the kitchen!! (Will miss the Yam though!)

Eiger

I wanted the Sherco Cabs Replica....but..... I want the beta.....but.....i didn't like my 4rt .......but......i love the looks of the beta......but.....ummmm....I want the beta :(. A 300cc machine would be nice

Edited by spud

Take note Montesa/Scorpa etc!!!

This new Beta is what 4 strokes should be like - a well developed, designed and thought out engine..

NOT oversized mx/enduro derivated lumps of metal.... that yam lump in the scorpa looks HUGE compared to the tiny Beta..

Major kudos to Beta for taking their time (apparently 4 years) in developing the engine from stratch and not going down the route that others have taken.

However it still remains to be seen how it rides... can't wait to see how they fare in the SSDT....

P.S. Agree with you Andy - Beta's PR needs improving!!! However big up to TC for being the first....

A great deal of the bike looks like the Rev 3 so costs must be down for the production side of things. If the engine has had major money spent on developement and tool set up then I cant see more trials bikes sales being much help in offsetting the R&D. Hope the price is less than 5 though but have a feeling it may have to be this high. Plenty out there will still buy it though if its a good reliable bike, first generation of 2 stroke sized 4 strokes, bet Mont,Gasser etc are a little worried in the board rooms today

It says 5 Speed.

It also says the following

Carb: Mikuni Carb

Bore: 77mm

Stroke: 53.6mm

Compression Ratio: 11.5:1

Displacment: 249.6cc

They did not have a spec sheet for the 4 stroke, the 07 range brochure they were handing out to Italian dealers only had the 2 stroke range of trials bikes, Italian product planning and marketing for you!