Dod T**d Tool

albert

I've got a DT tool with a removable needle that came in a road type kit for use with red rubber type sealing wedges. The handle has a screw on end cap and you simply remove the needle and pop it inside the handle. More compact and 100% safe. The wedge type inserts are useless but the tool is correct for DT's. Problem solved.

I have a pair of those, they look like screwdrivers. One is the rasp, the other is the plug tool. I glued a piece of nylon tubing to side of each one, then the points slide into thte tubing of the other one, so they sort of nest together.

I think I got them at NAPA store, maybe 5 years ago.

I will dig them out of the trailer and get some pics and see if there is a brand name on them.

The normal T shape is hard in a fanny pack, with or without plugson the sharp ends.

Barring that, you might break off the plastic T handles then tack weld the tool part to a piece of rod or an old cheap (soft metal) screwdriver.

kcj

I've got a DT tool with a removable needle that came in a road type kit for use with red rubber type sealing wedges. The handle has a screw on end cap and you simply remove the needle and pop it inside the handle. More compact and 100% safe. The wedge type inserts are useless but the tool is correct for DT's. Problem solved.

Super dandy great but you still havent answered the question........WHERE DID YOU GET IT FROM?????????????

:D

Pics attached.

One shows the tools apart, one with them nested for storage.Two tire pumps I got at Rec Equipment (REI) camping store. One is folding handle, other has two settings: high volume/low pressure, and high pressure/low volume. Both very slow, but they do work. I have another one that takes a C02 cartridge, plus works as a manual pump. Works better and faster.

and No, I don't know where I got these tools either. I think NAPA, they do say Made in USA, but no brand name.

k

post-132-1163635246.jpg

post-132-1163635274.jpg