Knight The Best In The World?

scott_king

Hi all

This will probably open up a can of worms but I am up for a good argument.

After hearing the news that David Knight has won the Last Man standing for the second time in a row with Wayne Braybrook second. I was wondering if he could be considered the best enduro rider at the moment and maybe the best of all. It is clear that Stephan Merriman and the Edmondson brothers are very fast. Hell I would call them extremely fast as well as many others in the WEC but no one seems to be on par with David Knight. To this extent I am now sure that there are a few followers of the GNCC who are a bit worried that Knight will come over and do a whitewash of it all. Providing he can stay uninjured of course.

I have also noted from the results that both finishers were British and past youth/adult trials riders. This is also I know true of Tom Sager and many other of our ISDE boys. Maybe it

Edited by scott_king

Wayne Braybrook was the only other true finisher.

I got the same press release that ran in enduro news and some photos to publish. But the darn thing needs 30 minutes of editing and you posted it here - so I'll give it a pass unless Andy wants it on the homepage.

Having witnessed the performance of both David and Wayne this weekend I would have to conclude that David is something a bit special, and at this moment in time is the best rider in his chosen field of the sport in the World right now. His composure, execution and mastery of this weekends event was truely out of ths World.

I would also like to add that the performance by Wayne was of the highest order.

For Wayne to arrive a couple of days before the event and have to prepare and ride a bike on top of the effects of Jet lag truely desreves high praise.

These two riders alone proved to American and World what it takes to win such a tough and demanding event.

i was marshalling at the beach race (weston) and to see knighter beat everts was awesome

the fact he was as fast or faster on his later laps was amazing,when he started to get stuck in a rut he just pulled the bike up onto its back wheel and twisted it sideways and shot out ,

but i think i know his secret,his healthy race prep food , beer and pork pies,and thats how we mannaged to win the word cup in 66,good old beer pies and woodbindes cigarets,

so all you younguns better take note and start training(down the pub)

David Knight - Manx - Fact!

Without doubt the best in the world, i reckon if he was to do a few rounds of the world mx he'd do very very well, i mean look how he took everts to the cleaners at the western!! and everts is gooood on sand. Could he even be the best off road rider, ahead of everts? :D

What a man.

David Knight - Manx - Fact!

Without doubt the best in the world, i reckon if he was to do a few rounds of the world mx he'd do very very well, i mean look how he took everts to the cleaners at the western!! and everts is gooood on sand. Could he even be the best off road rider, ahead of everts? :D

What a man.

:agree: Reckon Knighter would be a usefull member of the MXDN GB team along with Tommy Searle and Billy Mac, we may have a fighting chance then :D

im not sure about MX, he only came 10th when he rode a round of the british champs

swordy was excellent on the kx450 until he crashed in germany, and nunny didn't seam tor ide well on the 450 at the MXDN - the problem is we rode the MXDN with 3x 250F riders not 2x 450F riders! (that and searle is still new - ish)