New Rev 3 Mikuni Carb?

aj201280

Lads, Me and Ralph have just been looking at the Dellorto in the workshop, quite a work of art compared to the Mikuni. 110 main and 37 pilot and the float bowl looks much larger than the Mukuni even with the extension.

Ralph will be test running it Saturday afternoon and a full day up the dishes Sunday, sure he will give his verdict sunday evening. Apparently it gives much better and stronger bottom end power than the Mukuni and does'nt leak :xmas: If its ***** see Mondays TC ads page :)

Edited by Betarev3

Got a Dellorto at long last, thanks to Scott for the good deal, i think he was please to sell just to stop me pestering him. :D

Like Justin said will try it Sunday if the bikes back together in time.

Any pros and cons with them, will it fit straight on Scott had it fitted by a shop so not sure what they done to it.

Is it the same cable, are the rubbers either side ok ect. A bit of pre warning will help.

:D:):xmas:

Apart from it stopping the fuel pi#sing out anything else.

Cheers.

Betarev3 thinks taking ya socks off is forplay and if the truth is known Lisa recons i treat sex like i was on a price.

Ha nothing wrong with that i say...... anyway this is not answering the carb for and against question.

Please any help would be good.

Will the cable fit? please anyone.

Yes the cable does fit and the standard rubbers are also fine. The rear one is annoying to fit, with the dellorto having a bigger inlet, but a bit of 2 stroke and skinned knuckles will soon sort that!

Hope you get it set up nice they make the beta even smoother and sharper off the bottom.

Also make sure that the black cap on the top of the slider barrel goes on the correct way as it is easy to put it on the wrong way. If you put it on wrong it causes air to get in where it's not supposed to and bike runs like a heap.

I did this with mine and got very angry then realised what I had done after fiddling around for ages.

Cheers

Edited by betamike

Cheers Betamike,

Sorry i have only just spotted your post.

Having tried it now it is amazing. Will give it a good test over the next few weeks to try and find any downsides.

Few people say they keep blocking up, have you noticed this.

Cheers

Ralph has kindly leant me the Dellorto for the next 3 weeks :blush: whilst he goes and annoys some Americans over xmas. I will stick it on tonight and give it good run on Thursday, I should be out lots over xmas and will only clean the air box and filter and see if any clogging problems turn up.

Yes mine has blocked up a few times it is very annoying! I have had mine off for a while because I lost trust in it but im going to re-fit it this weekend with two fuel filters. They make they bike so much more fun! If you find out about a bigger inlet rubber will you give me a shout please!

cheers

Betamike, one of the jobs for me next week is to find a larger hose for the carb as ralph said it is a pain getting it on. I will pm you if I have any luck

What I might try though is stick the hose on the carb end whilst its out with the mid box out as well and just push the air box end on, may work , worth a try

Edited by Betarev3

Did you leave the fuel tap turned on?

It's annoying when a new bike does something like that, do a search on TC and/or www.r2wtrials.com for the Beta mods. Try the BillyT method first off and if that doesn't cure it, get the carb drilled and plugged at Lampkins or DIY it...

Everything else ok with the bike apart from incontinence? :chairfall: