Dellorto Vhst Carb For Rev3

the addict

Cheers Essex,

So far it is Betarev3 and myself so could be on the pricey side but i will look into it because if it has to come on and off alot my carb will not last 2 mins as it is now.

A good friend of mine owns an electric appliance shop and said when i am back in the uk to take the rubber hose over and see if he has one in stock. he seems to think somewhere they will be the same (washing machine hoses) worth a try.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried getting a cylinder the same or very slightly bigger than the carb, forcing it into the rubber and heat it at a long distance with a heat gun then leave it in a cool place with the tube or cylinder still in it for a while. This may stretch the rubber permanently and therefore make it easier to fit.

Just an idea! And may be a waste of time but then again could make all the difference!

Cheeers

Might sound rediculous, but to me, one of the most interesting bits, is how you get around this rubber problem. Im sure the carb would be good for me, but I definately dont want one thats a pain in the **** to remove, especially if I spend all that dosh on a carb.

A closer look at how it all works/fits on the 125 would be the way to go I guess.

Sorry Boofont what is a boot?

Stu we will find an easy way if we do not it will not be on the bike.

Seandellear will try this if there is nothing else.

Cheers to you all please keep them coming?

Will be back Friday out on Sunday so will pass on anymore info then.

Now our little soldier ralph is a bit tired tonight after his first go on the bike for 3 weeks so he hasn't updated how the Dellorto performed today.

Went to a new place for us near Cheltenham and it was pretty poor conditions, very windy,wet and and muddy but had a great day. The carb was brilliant again, no problems at all although a little rich which could have been cured with the petrol screw Ralph said, but it made the bike too sharp in the mud. No signs of muck getting in even though Ralph did a big roly poly down a hill early on in the day, and came very very close to launching the bike and himself off a huge step about 40 feet at the top of a steep climb.

Sure he will post tomorrow more about the carb and how much easier it was to fit second time around

Edited by Betarev3

Hi betarev3, I put the airbox boot on the other way so that the end that used to be on the airbox is now on the carb as it is slightly bigger. It has helped with fitting a fair bit!

I have re-fitted it and I am now happy with it after changing the pilot jet and needle height

cheers , Mike

Hi Mike, we have swapped the boot over as well even with the Mikuni makes abig difference. Pretty sure Ralph had the header and mid box off the bike to fit the carb, stuck the boot on the carb end first whilst it is out of the bike and then put it onto the air box and reed block. I did it this way eventually on mine and it was pretty easy in the end. Did you use the settings we posted on here, pilot/main etc? the settings Ralph has seem to work spot on and the bike starts easy as well.

The settings that I am currently using are just trial and error really.

I put in a larger pilot jet (next size up from stock) so that it would not block up as easily and then dropped the needle by one notch. The main jet is the stock one. It seems to have done the trick! The bike starts and runs a treat.

cheers Mike

Edited by betamike