Fantic Parts

beerman

:bouncy: Well I finally did it. Went and got my first real trials bike. Had a Honda Reflex for a few years but got a used Fantic Section (ast least I think it is). Now if I can just determine exactly what year and model it is. The problem I am having whith it is an electrical issue. No spark. Is there anyway I can determine what exactly is giving me fits? From what I understand the bike had gotten fairly hot and wouldn't start anymore. It still has good compression and there's no signs of seizing. I can't seem to find anything on this bike and sure could use a mnual for it. Anyplace in the US that I can go to for parts?

Mike

A photo might help ! along with the engine and /or frame numbers !

And check out r2wtrials . com he has some links to fantic parts ...

But I hate to tell you most of your parts will come from europe !

Also check w/ mike at the Trialshop in NY.

Have fun and welcome !.!.!.

Glenn

This is a 97 section

This is a 95

The eclectrics are the same for both. Yellow cable is +12volts to ground for the power of lights fan etc. then there is green (verde), white (blanco) and red (rosso). One goes ca, 80 ohms to ground, one goes 800 ohms to ground and the last iss zeor ohms to ground as it IS ground!!!

The 80 ohms is the trigger coil. The 800 is the primary or low tension coil. Thge primary is rewoundable the trigger is not.

Spares are quite easy to get in YURUP, pm me if you need help, I have some also

hope this helps

lee

post-1856-1167474566.jpg

post-1856-1167474926.jpg

elschema.pdf

Edited by Lee Harris

post-3906-1167781858.jpg Well, the only numbers I could find were on the neck of the frame. I couldn't locate any on the engine. (Where is it?) The first 2 numbers are worn and obscured, but I belive it reads 50409592. There is another number on the neck that says FM364. The fiberglass has all been painted black, but underneath the fender is orange, along with the disc gaurds. The only thing really missing is the baffle. Heck I only paid $200 for it.

Mike

:icon_rendeer: Well I don't know all of the fantic model #'s and they don't make much sense anyways !!!

My 83 240 pro is a fm 450 and it only displace's a killer 212cc ... But it was the giant killer of it's DAY.!.!.

So if you put in your bio where in the colony's you are , I'm sure someone local to you will chime in and lend

a direction or help of sorts ...And have fun getting all the black spray paint off her , one of the two 240's I

bought to build my rider had a really good camo paint job on everything but the red plastic tank !

(but I'm sure they tried!) Removing the old paint is 1/2 the fun of old bike restoration ! don'tcha know !!!!

And I'm sure Steve or Lee will post what you have there . and parts will be easier to get for it than my 240,

trust me on that..............

Glenn

it looks like a 95 section. might be 96 also, both had steel frames. It came as a 125cc also, although FM 364 sound like a 250. look on the top of the engine cases behind the kickstart. Most early Fantics had the cc stamped there!

lee

all the plastic parts are available in uk at bill pyes or here at peter schwarz. not cheap but ok. A used muffler would be about 50 euros pls post but i can post a pick in mine...just make one.

:D For what I paid for this bike I didn't think I could go wrong. I do a little custom painting on the side and work in a machine shop, so at least it will look killer when I'm done with it. I think the paint job will be worth more than the bike:) When & if I get it running, I think I'll be ahead of the game. I still would like to get a gasgas though.

By the way I'm located in Cincinnati, Ohio USA and there isn't ANY trials dealers here within 100 miles. Most riding around here is done with (I'm gonna get sick) ATV's

Check out Trials comp.com/forum I'm sure I've seen folks from ohio !!!

At least in the midwest ! I'm on the far east coast from you ,otherwise I'd come over and help ! And I know how you feel , my closest riding buddies are hundreds of miles away from me !

Good luck , And the comraderie and fun at a trials event is well worth the effort ....

Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. And thanks to everbody else for their help. Before this fanitc came along I was going to get a used gas gas (still am). At least this thing, among others, will keep me busy during the winter. And when I get it done, I'll post a few pix.

Has anybody been to the trials traing center in Tenn.?

Mike