2007 Trials Predictions

cota kid

Indoor WTC.

Raga is still the man to beat and I think if anyone can do it it will be the 2006 Spanish Indoor Champion, Cabestany. It will be of great interest to see how Bou fares on the 4RT.

Outdoor WTC.

Doug

It would be a bit too predictable if I said Doug was going to win it. The level of riding it is at an unprecedented high so it is going to take all his riding skill, have an injury free season and a generous helping of luck, if he is to pull off the impossible and win his 8th title. I am sure I'm not alone in being 100% behind him. He would be my bet for the crown, however I would expect some good odds. Will win his 100th WTC at the opening round in Spain on 37.

Raga.

Although the current champion, Raga didn't dominate as expected. He will not retain his crown next year.

Fujigas.

Like Doug, if he can avoid injury, he has a good chance of re-taking the crown he last wore in 2004. Won the most number of rounds last year and still probably the most exciting rider to watch.

Cabestany.

Could be the outsider. At time he looked awesome e.g. Andorra, but lacks consistency and consitency is what you need to be a World Champion.

Bou.

A top three would be a fantastic achievement for Bou in his first season with the mighty Montesa HRC team. However I think maintaining his current 5th position is more likely.

Fajardo.

Not quite lived up to his potential. Will not break into the top five this year.

Friexa.

His best days have gone.

Dabill.

Another rider I am looking forward to seeing riding a Montesa with the TRW factory team. I think 2007 will see him start his progression up the rankings. Seventh would be an impressive achievement.

Morris.

Deserves a lot of credit for competing without the level of support his fellow riders enjoy.

Junior WTC

Browny will finish the job he started last season, aided by his sidekick minder Shaun. Shaun will announce his own personally sponsorship deal with a major brewery in March. :bouncy:

Youth.

Alexz. Simple as that!

Oh nearly forgot Happy New Year!!!

Edited by Cota Kid

Indoor

raga for me

Outdoor

I'd really like to see Doug do it but I think Fuji based on his form over the last few rounds last year plus the Mont will be an improvement based on what others have said after Sheffield. Injuries permitting of course.

Edited by Baldilocks

I wish Doug all the luck in the world and would love him to pull off the near impossible but I think the best he can hope for is some more round wins.

I think Raga will be dominant in 2007 both outdoor and in. Podiums at every round with more wins than not.

My goodness... it hurts to write that! :bouncy:

Without a doubt Raga will win the inddors, his only competor if he is consistent will be Cabestany, really hope that Doug, fuji and Bou will put a little pressure in him, but i doubt it... i have everything crossed for Dougie to win the outdoor (Real trials). Cant wait to see how Bou gets on with the 4 stroke ..

Apologies for not realising that Alexz is riding the 125 Junior World Cup. To be honest I don't know much about the riders in this class but I think Team Wiggy will settle for a second this year. This will be superb experience for a lad who already rides far more maturely than his years would suggest.

Edited by Cota Kid