Scorpa 125 - 150 Or What Ever It Is

jamie stokes

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jamie,

You will probably struggle to find a 175 version cheap as they have not been out that long, I would guess you would be lucky to get a 175 for 2k s/hand.

The 125 has been out for a while (I had one new when they came out) the cheapest I've seen a 125 for is

it seems its the 125 ill be getting then :D

and i love them

borrowed one for a few days and didant want to give it back

i really like them !

allthough i ride better on a 4RT than any other bike but lack of money meens ill go for the next best thing

cheers

jamie stokes

Get one with a Hydraulic clutch. They do seem a lot better than the standard cable which according to those I have talked to is a bit inconsistant as to where it "bites". Also although I have seen Experts riding them they have to be careful on the bigger rocks. Good club bike tho.

Wished I hadn't have sold mine :D I would not fancy riding it on expert routes though.......I think you would kill the engine in very short order.....it is a very good clubman bike though (which is what it's made for).

I only found mine lacking on some of the big hill climbs, I still say to this day that it was the best bike I've had for riding up rocky streams.

I've not been on the 175 version but by all accounts that the one to go for if you can afford the bit extra.

http://www.scorpaaustralia.com.au/bikesSY175F.html

I Rode an SY125 for a day at a trials school, for a beginner (even a fat one) its a top bike. I didn't even find the cable clutch much of a problem as the bike lends itself to being ridden on the throttle (IMHO). Thought about buying one for a while and did a little resaerch, best price I saw was

Edited by arun1664

I have a 125, it is an excellent clubman bike. I dont think you will find a lot for sale as folks are hanging on to them. There was a 125 on here a while back for 1200 I think, that was cheap. There is a clutch arm mod if you buy a cable clutch model, speak to Birketts about it. Also a jetting and silencer mod, again details on his website. I have just bought a heavy duty chain tensioner and I will be getting some Hebo pegs and fixing a mud flap to protect the shock as a 250 has fitted. That will have it sorted. You may see a couple come up for sale now the 175 is out, but they will not hang about if priced sensibly.

Edited by bo drinker

Mine was a standard cable clutch model, I did my own clutch arm mod, Silencer mod too....I found the cable clutch to be very good, there's no need to go the hyd way.

I recall there being a big fuss about it having a tubed rear tyre, again put one of the IRC tubed tyres on and you'll never look back....Have the newer bikes got tubeless rears?.

I would not fancy riding it on expert routes though.......I think you would kill the engine in very short order

Dale Robsons' 2005 SY125 has done approx 80 trials riding expert class, 12 B Class Nationals and 1 European Youth Round and he's still currently using it. The motor has never been touched in that time, not even the valve clearances have had to be touched. Believe me, he rides it just as hard (maybe harder) as any of his competitors on 2 strokes. I guess most of them will have worn out 4 bikes in the same amount of time.

When he's finished with it (hopefully soon) I'm keeping it for myself! If thats not confidence in a product, I don't know what is! Top bike.