Tlr 200 Gearing

sy250

Could anyone help me please ? Have recently bought a TLR 200, probably 1984, just in from Japan, roadgoing gear all in place. I want to gear it down for club trial type use and am wondering if anyone could advise the front/rear sprocket sizes which would be suitable for that use. If you know the chain type which would match that would be extremely helpul.

Happy New Year to everyone on Trials Central and thanks again for any help and advice.

I just put a 10 tooth front sprocket on mine today. The rear is still the original 44 t, and haven't decided if to get a bigger rear. I took it for a qick spin,and love it. Front wheel will lift easy with no clutch. The chain size/pattern is a 520. I think most go for a 10 tooth, 9 might be too small.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

hey

i use a 9t sprocket on my 200 now had 10T before but i found 2nd gear was not usable in a section (in belgium al sections are very tight and slippery) and i drive old style ( nearly without using the cluch) at the back its 44 T (original) but i am looking for a bigger one (46 - 52)

Where do you get 9 or 10 tooth sprockets from? Over here in NZ I can't get anything on that spline below 12 T,which annoys me as I know I went down that low with an XR200.I have been running 12 and 50 for a few years now,and it's pretty frustrating screaming around in 1st,I can only use 2nd on a long section like a hillclimb with an easy exit.

Talon sprockets In the U.k makes 9 and 10t sprockets. Don't know if you have any distributors in NZ though.

I used a 10t sprocket made for a old honda atc 185-200 Three wheeler here in the U.S. that has the same splines and pattern and used a circlip to hold it on.

There seems to be a reluctance in this country now to go beyond what is offered as standard...in most things.We now have the sue mentality in customers.It appears I have an 11 tooth I got from Sprocket Specialties,that's the lowest they go,and comes with a circlip.We have agents for Talon,but they are only interested in the standard CR,YZ,KX bikes....to mention TLR200 causes a mental melt down,say it's for an XR200 and it almost rings a bell,but not quite.I see Talon has no online sales,that's a pity.

I used B and C express for a renthal sprocket.

It was listed for TLR but im fitting it on TLM.

How are they held on? My TLM has a plate with 2 m6 bolts. new 10t gbox sprocket has no place for bolts. was told it wont come off whilst chain is on?

• 5 years later...

Dallan Motorsports in Canada used to offer a 9 tooth, but it takes some ingenuity to attach it to the bike (circlip, but no countershaft groove to hold said circlip). If an XR200 sprocket fits (don't know but am willing to try), then 11 tooth sprockets are available from Dennis Kirk. What I need to know is whether the Bolt Circle diameter on the rear sprocket is the same as an XR200? And if not, what are my options for rear sprockets?