Dating A Seeley For Registration.

andy m

Has anybody on here had to date a Seeley for registration purposes. If I want to date a Yamaha I know to write to Yamaha and obtain a letter. But who sorts it out to register a Seeley. Luckily my Seeley is registered, I am enquiring for a mate who wants to register his bike.With the bike being made in such a small number I wonder who has the relevant info. Thanks in advance. :D

PS What after market shocks do you find work well on a Seeley. Thanks

Edited by bo drinker

Honda UK possibly, as they were Honda commissioned bikes and sold through the dealer network. Or try the Vintage Motorcycle Club who are able to date off-road bikes and their certificate of dating is accepted by DVLA for age related plates. Worth phoning them and asking the question.

http://www.vmcc.net/

For shocks I'd use either Falcon or the new Rockshocks for good quality and action

Edited by Woody

registered my two seeleys a couple of years ago , got the dating certificates from the vintage japanese club (vjmc) you need to be a member , the registrations numbers i got from the dvla were consecutive, btx 304t and btx 305t, the one frame number is, sht-1003 which i think is the 3rd frame made

I'm just using Roy Bacon for a dating letter for an SWM age-related plate. It seems the process, you provide all the information and evidence on the year, chassis number etc (SWM's have anno fab. 198* on the VIN place, handy :-) and then he writes the letter for