Does This Meen Any Thing To You Ict People Out There ?

jamie stokes

hi (and i dont no what this meens but should my computer be so slow with these urmm system things) ?

so its got this spec.... mircrosoft wondows xp professional version 5.1.260 service pack 2 bulid 2600

processor x86 family 6 model 3 stepping 1 authenticAMD ~807 mhz

total physical memory 128.00MB

avalable physical memory 18.47MB

total virtual memory 2.00 GB

avalable virtual memory 1.96 GB

page file space 307.41 MB

and a AMD Duron prosessor 807 MHz 128Mb of RAM

if any of this information should not be avalabe to every one please tell me and ill get rid of the inforation that should not be up

so if you no what any of that meens and if it meens my computer is good then should it be running so slow (it takes 11 min to load the trials central home page (this one www.trialscentral.co.uk)

or is my computer c**P ?

what would help me get it to be faster .?.?.?.?

and i no there is a post obout a ''slow computer'' but i have my system info so if any one can help then that would be much apriciated

thaks jamie stokes

Edited by jamie stokes

Jamie

hi (and i dont no what this meens but should my computer be so slow with these urmm system things) ?

so its got this spec.... mircrosoft wondows xp professional version 5.1.260 service pack 2 bulid 2600

processor x86 family 6 model 3 stepping 1 authenticAMD ~807 mhz

total physical memory 128.00MB

avalable physical memory 18.47MB

total virtual memory 2.00 GB

avalable virtual memory 1.96 GB

page file space 307.41 MB

and a AMD Duron prosessor 807 MHz 128Mb of RAM

a couple of things stand-out, there isn't much physical memory in the machine, only 128Mb, most machines now will have 5-10 times that, so this will mean that some programs / websites will take a long time to load. You could increase the virtual memory, but this will still be slow.

The machine is quite old, the XP operating system could have lots of things slowing it down (like my mother-in-laws) and the speed sites load at could be more down to your internet connectivity, but it might be time for the upgrade

Hi Jamie

Your system specification is the bare minimum to run Windows XP. And to be honest as you have found it does not run it very well. When XP came out I read an article in PCFORMAT that the most minimum specification they would run XP on was 1.2 GHz and 512mb of ram. If you do not want to spend a lot of money I would do a reformat and downgrade to 2000 or ME.

That

Much as the Speed of the Processor seems slow the real problem here is the Memory. You need at least 256MB and should have 512MB to run XP properly. Once you have done that you will see a great improvement in the performance. If the PC can run DDR RAM then try getting some as that is better than the SDRAM I think you are using. Processor speed is always seen as the bottle neck but I've seen XP run very well on 750Mhz Laptops so I don't see the Processor being the problem.

Edited by Telecat

the avalable physical memory seems really low compared to what its acctual memory is

yet i only have bt yahoo broad band (1.1Mb)

and msn (msn is an extramly small program )installed on this computer

no games

no pics

no saved word docs

ect

No anti-virus? Wouldn't surprise me if your PC was rootkitted.