Techno Exhaust Rubbing

mr fresh

It's completely up to you if you weld or replace it, either would do.

As regards it not rubbing you can put a spacer in so that it is mounted a little further away from the wheel if you're having problems, or tweak the sub frame with a pair of mole grips 'slightly' since it is likely that this has bent slightly anyway causing the rubbing.

When bleeding the back brake, make sure that the master cylinder is backer all the way off, even remove the little push rod completely (you'll have to do this to shorten it, might as well leave it out whilst bleeding, then bleed from the caliper back to the reservoir with a syringe, or this bleeding machine, which I guess is a pump. The thing is just to pump plenty of fluid round and round because air sits in the loop and in the calipers, and is often stubborn to move.

Bob

hello. Thought I'd let you know that I had exactly the same problem with my techno. Exhaust rubbing and wore hole in it. Turned out I'd bent the subframe. I managed to straighten it out fairly easily by putting some metal tubing over it and levering it back into place. A friend made a tidy job of patching the exhaust by riveting a section of sheet metal over the top. Problem solved. Hope this helps

I had a Techno.. the only problem i had with it was that of the exhaust rubbing. When a hole appeared i used Milliput to fill it worked a treat, stes just like steel and then can be sanded down to smooth out... I would say it more of a bad design than bent subframe, its also down to the hangers,lugs on the exhaust.. Why i know this is because my bro had a go on my bike and flipped it, resulting in the subframe and exhaust being totalled, so he bought me a new sub frame and exhaust, i know i did no damage to the subframe whilst i had the new one on, but at the time i was practasing 4 and 5 foot drop offs, this resulted in the exhaust hangers/lugs bending towards the wheel, then rubbing the the exhaust,, no matter what i did, with spacers and bending of the lugs sorted out this problem.. This was the only downfall of my techno, which i loved dearly and is still one of my fav bikes ....

I had the same problem with my exhaust rubbing on the tyre and wearing through. no matter how much I tried I couldnt keep it off the back tyre so I decided to patch it with some 2mm aluminium plate which I bent to shape . Before pop riveting on I put plenty of high temp silicone on to seal the plate. I also managed to squeeze a couple of washers in the hanger to act as spacers. this seems to have done the job and doesnt look out of place. Hang on to your cash... being a yorkshire lad I hate to see money go to waste <_<

cheers Leggins

p.s dont listen to Dougie pumpkin . He thinks betas have 8 gears..... someone should let him know they have way more than that ..... <_<

Edited by leggins

I had the same problem with my exhaust rubbing on the tyre and wearing through. no matter how much I tried I couldnt keep it off the back tyre so I decided to patch it with some 2mm aluminium plate which I bent to shape . Before pop riveting on I put plenty of high temp silicone on to seal the plate. I also managed to squeeze a couple of washers in the hanger to act as spacers. this seems to have done the job and doesnt look out of place. Hang on to your cash... being a yorkshire lad I hate to see money go to waste :D

cheers Leggins

p.s dont listen to Dougie pumpkin . He thinks betas have 8 gears..... someone should let him know they have way more than that ..... ^_^

<_< and Leggins is :crying: as he likes to wear Borat style lycra <_<

I had the same problem with my exhaust rubbing on the tyre and wearing through. no matter how much I tried I couldnt keep it off the back tyre so I decided to patch it with some 2mm aluminium plate which I bent to shape . Before pop riveting on I put plenty of high temp silicone on to seal the plate. I also managed to squeeze a couple of washers in the hanger to act as spacers. this seems to have done the job and doesnt look out of place. Hang on to your cash... being a yorkshire lad I hate to see money go to waste

cheers Leggins

p.s dont listen to Dougie pumpkin . He thinks betas have 8 gears..... someone should let him know they have way more than that

<_< and Leggins is :crying: as he likes to wear Borat style lycra

It was full winter gear for me today mate at Dean Head, We managed to get two of our cars stuck in the field, great start <_< only 6 bikes up there today . did you do the manchester 17 trial ?

It was full winter gear for me today mate at Dean Head, We managed to get two of our cars stuck in the field, great start :banana2: only 6 bikes up there today . did you do the manchester 17 trial ?

Should have just parked near te road, thats where we parked last week.. Yes did the Manchester trial, awsome place, organization was fantastic, was doing ok on the 1st lap, put at start of second lap, drowned myself and bike in between sections, and totally wore myself out dragging it up the most slippy rocky section ever lol.. got bike started again but was knacked.. Will definately do it again.. and been told you can practise up there for a few gold coins :dunce:

It was full winter gear for me today mate at Dean Head, We managed to get two of our cars stuck in the field, great start :banana2: only 6 bikes up there today . did you do the manchester 17 trial ?

Should have just parked near te road, thats where we parked last week.. Yes did the Manchester trial, awsome place, organization was fantastic, was doing ok on the 1st lap, put at start of second lap, drowned myself and bike in between sections, and totally wore myself out dragging it up the most slippy rocky section ever lol.. got bike started again but was knacked.. Will definately do it again.. and been told you can practise up there for a few gold coins :D

Had a go at that underwater trials thingy. Didnt reckon much to it although softer landings. Enjoyed Dean head plenty to go at, Will prob be up there again next weekend if theres no local trials happening...going to meeting on wednesday night to offer my services at the stocksbridge trial. Ive been told to keep well away from deadcows creek so theres no score tampering going on up that cows creek :dunce:

Should have just parked near te road, thats where we parked last week.. Yes did the Manchester trial, awsome place, organization was fantastic, was doing ok on the 1st lap, put at start of second lap, drowned myself and bike in between sections, and totally wore myself out dragging it up the most slippy rocky section ever lol.. got bike started again but was knacked.. Will definately do it again.. and been told you can practise up there for a few gold coins :D

Had a go at that underwater trials thingy. Didnt reckon much to it although softer landings. Enjoyed Dean head plenty to go at, Will prob be up there again next weekend if theres no local trials happening...going to meeting on wednesday night to offer my services at the stocksbridge trial. Ive been told to keep well away from deadcows creek so theres no score tampering going on up that cows creek :dunce:

Me thinks i will go to the meet too, then next week its the AGM !!

You didnt miss much last night. your mate Ben was on good form, Ask him about that bird at the rock . Yep AGM next week should be a laugh :wacko: . Im thinking of doing sheff & hallam on sunday, might just do the sidecar sections. Ive heard there is no riding next week at DH. because theres a shoot on,Have you heard owt?

Dudes, Email? IM? IRC? Telephone?

i ll explain what they mean.

Email otherwise known as Electronic mail.. a system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he or she logs in.

IM otherwise known as Instant Messenger.. An instant messenger is a computer application which allows instant text communication between two or more people through a network such as the Internet.

IRC otherwise known as Internet relay chat... IRC is an Internet-based chat system that has existed in one form or another since 1988. Networks are connected groups of IRC servers which share a common userbase. IRC is the net's equivalent of CB radio. But unlike CB, Internet Relay Chat lets people all over the world participate in real-time conversations.

Telephone otherwise known as Dog and Bone ..Electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds , invented by Alexander Graham Bell in 1876, who first called it his "electric speech machine "

I hope this answers some of your questions.