How Can I Store Photos Till I Get Home From The Scottish?

windlestone

most cameras will let you reduce the quality of the picture so a 5 or 6 meg camera will also take 1 , 2 , 3 etc meg pictures, they might show as sq, shq, hq, etc on your cameras menu

doing this my 128xd card goes from 130 pictures to max 1100 then the problem becomes batteries not cards! although 1 and 2 meg photos dont print too well there more than ok for the computer screen...

EG taken on lowest quality on my 6meg olympus with a 128xd card taking 1100 pictures on the card the std battery lasting for approx 150- 190 pictures

post-1834-1169061881.jpg

Edited by totalshell

Easiest way is to visit the local camera shop in Fort Bill. they are likely to have a printer / CD writer set up and for a small fee they will download all your photos onto a CD. Its a lot cheaper than further memory cards.

Also spend time and go through the pictures you have taken - heads missing, out of focus etc = delete = more space.

Personally I don't bother reducing the quality of images - you will be disappointed if you take the ultimate picture and find you can only print it on a 6 by 4! Reduction in quality can be done when you get home!

I agree with g4321 - always shoot at the maximum possible resolution. You'll want to keep these photos, look back at them and possibly print them and in years to come they're going to look awful on your 60" widescreen monitor that cost you

well i'm all sorted with accomodation for the Scottish.

Next concern is photos. I'm taking a digital camera but i've not got a lap top. Will i have to take several memory cards or is there any other way of saving photos till i get home?

Easy, come down to the Cruachan & get Andy to copy your images to CD via his Laptop. Then buy beers all round for him & all the other wasters staying there.

I shoot in RAW mode and use an Epson P4000, works great and you can review and delete images on the fly and stores 80GB.

When you get back home you can download to PC or external disc drive and then manipulate and print images.

If you shoot in Hi-Res Jpeg the P4000 will show images as a slide show so you can show off your days work in the pub and sell a few images for a beer or two!

The P4000 is a bit pricey but it is the dogs, check out eBay or any of the good online camera retail sites, there are several other less expensive options that will do a similar job to suit your purpose in Fort William.