Visiting 2007 Ssdt

dab-man

A quick question for all you with local knowledge of the Highlands.

I will be coming up to the SSDT this year but one of my traveling companions cant stay the whole week so is looking to fly home on Thursday so I will be taking them to the airport, Easyjet fly out of Inverness and Glasgow but which woul be the easiest or most reliable airport to use, Inverness is 30 miles closer by my reconing but as I would imagine it is a smaller airport are the flight s more prone to being cancelled.

Any previous experiances welcome. :banana2:

glasgows by far the 'bigger' airport and easy to get to from the fort as it right by the motorway just after crossing the erskine(?) bridge although its probably 100 miles away or a couple of hours each way (but only in the middle of the night during the day the road can be busy alongside loch lomand with very few passing opportunities,

what about the train? last year i travelled from the fort to exeter in the same day.. (long day though probably about the same as flying due to booking in times etc..)

just checked on the national rail website

fort william leave 07.40 get to exeter for 18.30 for 140 quid and only have to change at glasgow..

Edited by totalshell

Would say about 1 hour and 20 minutes from Fort William to Inverness at a steady pace and about another 30 minutes to the airport .

Gavin

What? 30 mins from Inverness to the airport! That's 16 mph! Are you on drugs lad? :guinness:

I would use Inverness. I live about 30 miles away and have used it several times with no problems. Its about an hour to Ft William from Inverness.

Unlike you of course.

Thanks for the offer boofont but will have a car with me think you miss interpreted my original post.

The plan is for all of the group to drive up on the Saturday before, then on the Thursday one is flying home so I will have to drive them to the airport for lunch time to catch their flight home, then hopefully be back around Fort William to catch the last group of sections, which hopfully will be to the north of Fort Bill. (think its usally Chairlift - Fersit day)?

Would say about 1 hour and 20 minutes from Fort William to Inverness at a steady pace and about another 30 minutes to the airport .

Gavin

What? 30 mins from Inverness to the airport! That's 16 mph! Are you on drugs lad? :D

I would use Inverness. I live about 30 miles away and have used it several times with no problems. Its about an hour to Ft William from Inverness.

Unlike you of course.

65 miles from Inverness to Fort William, yes you're right, I was way off guessing about an hour! :wacko:

Edited by boofont